Sand bag workouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sand bag workouts

Anyone do them? I just did my 1st one and I think the sandbag was made by the devil. I don’t think I’ll be able to walk tomorrow.

What are you guys doing that already work out with them?

I used to do them regularly (5 days a week, but I let my butt get lazy and soft!). At that time I was too poor to afford commercially produced sandbags so I got old tractor inner tubes from a repair shop and cut them in half, filled with sand and zip tied and taped the ends. Flipping messy and no handles.

I would do squats, carries , overhead presses (single and double), pull ups holding the “bag” between my knees, push-ups with it draped on my back, burpees, etc

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
      Anyone do them? I just did my 1st one and I think the sandbag was made by the devil. I don’t think I’ll be able to walk tomorrow.

What are you guys doing that already work out with them?
      Which bag do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
        Which bag do you use?
        I made my own. It worked ok. I bought a 50lb bag of sand. Put it in a contracted bag and covered it with duct tape. I then put in a small duffel bag

Comment

I see this and want to vomit.... I did a roof top challenge at work on top of our parking garage and you had to drag/carry with evil thing throughout the course.

Also have done various workouts with them and you never think 10/15 or 20lbs could weigh so much.... lol
          Attached Files

Comment

wreck bag mile is a good one

run 1 mile with the 50lb wreck bag and complete the following during the run:

25 Clean and Jerk at the 400m mark
            25 front squats at the 800m mark
            25 thrusters at the 1200m mark
            25 back squats at the end of the mile

Comment

I've got a Brute Bag. It's the devil. I've gotten lazy. It stares at me each time I walk by it in the garage.

Brute has a free app they update each day with a new workout.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                wreck bag mile is a good one

run 1 mile with the 50lb wreck bag and complete the following during the run:

25 Clean and Jerk at the 400m mark
                25 front squats at the 800m mark
                25 thrusters at the 1200m mark
                25 back squats at the end of the mile
                This sounds like a nightmare...but one that I may need in my life.

Comment

Y'all are doing it wrong. A "sandbag" workout is the easiest workout there is.

sandbagging(U.S. Army, Canada) Term referring to a Soldier who is performing his duties inefficiently or with laziness. Ex: "That Soldier is sandbagging it." [see "goldbricking," "****bagging"]

Comment

Closest thing I do to a sandbag workout is a load and carry.

Currently training for my first strongman competition and pretty much just have to pick the sandbag up, carry it 30 yards and load it onto a shelf height at about 4ft tall.

My gym has rogue bags from 20lbs up to 300lbs

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
                      I've got a Brute Bag. It's the devil. I've gotten lazy. It stares at me each time I walk by it in the garage.

Brute has a free app they update each day with a new workout.
                      How much weight does someone need to start out with on these workouts?

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
                        How much weight does someone need to start out with on these workouts?

The bag I bought will handle 25-75#. 1 insert holds 50# the other 25#.

I can’t comment on any other bag but the build quality and durability of Brute Force sandbags is fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know nothing about working out, but I’ve said time and time again that there is no better workout than carrying a 50 lb bag of something up stairs at a good pace.

As I’ve been researching training for an elk hunt out west, everyone recommends carrying a 50 lb pack uphill at a good pace. Lol.

You do need be be aware of the increased chance for damage to ligaments and tendons when working out with super heavy loads. Most guys have said it’s not wise to trains with 80-100 lb loads, even if you plan to pack out 120 lbs. It’s going to suck regardless, and you just risk getting hurt in the process. Same goes for running with them. A fast hike followed by unweighted sprints will get you the cardio without the joint damage.
                          Last edited by gatorgrizz27; 05-14-2018, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                            Closest thing I do to a sandbag workout is a load and carry.

Currently training for my first strongman competition and pretty much just have to pick the sandbag up, carry it 30 yards and load it onto a shelf height at about 4ft tall.

My gym has rogue bags from 20lbs up to 300lbs
                            Where are you working out? I need a better gym than Anytime.

Comment

We use them at Camp Gladiator workouts.
                              It’s a love/hate relationship.

Comment

Working...
                              X