Prayer request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayer request

My oldest son and I are on the outs again and my first grandchild is due to be here next month. My son is 24 and his mother and I divorced when he was a baby and she got custody but I've always been in his life. We started butting heads when he was 12 and it's been a tough road ever since. There's been times when he wouldnt speak to me or see me for months or even for up to two years. Now I'm scared he wont let me know my grandson and it's breaking my heart. I sure would appreciate yall lifting this situation up to our Father in Heaven.

I got ya. Being a dad from a distance is tough (I am one). Praying for healing, wisdom, maturity and family blessings.

Comment

Prayers sent. usually as they grow older and get responsibilities there thinking levels out.

Comment

Prayers for all involved.

Comment

Prayers sent!!!

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers up.

Comment

Prayer sent

Comment

Prayers lifted for reconciliation.

Comment

I’ve been the kid in the middle and now I’m a father of Two.
                    I’m now 37 and looking back if he’s now 24 and about to have a kid of his own I suggest you try to talk man to Man. I’d invite him to lunch or somewhere he would meet just you and him and try to explain your side with zero anger behind it. It will take you admitting your faults and telling him what you regret doing or not doing and hope that he is mature enough to understand. Ask him to forgive you, this may be a big task for you but it needs to be done. Let him speak as well and get off his chest whatever he is angry about and holding against you. A young male is usually very humbled when a male older than them will lay down all his emotions and anger and ask for forgiveness and to move forward in a positive way. He may not understand it now but everyone makes mistakes and does things they regret and neither of you will EVER BE PERFECT!
                    I will say a prayer for your situation and I hope it works out for the best.
                    Last edited by Grizzly1; 05-13-2018, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Prayers up, I have basically the same issues with my son not talking to me for long periods of time.

Comment

Prayers Up and what Grizzly1 said

Comment

Praying for strength, comfort, peace, healing, forgiveness, and reconciliation for your relationship. Let the past go if you want to have a relationship, even if that means keeping your mouth shut and swallowing your pride. Be the bigger person even if he doesn’t deserve it. My mom and sister have been on the outs for several years because neither one can swallow their pride when necessary. They both say they wanna make things better BUT...
                          I tell them there are no “Buts” if you really don’t care about anything but having a relationship again.

Comment

They don’t understand a whole hearted apology has no conditions. There can’t be any disclaimers attached to apologies and forgiveness

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Working...
                              X