Ever considered premarital counseling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever considered premarital counseling?

I think it’ll be worth it. Willing to pay for whatever it costs. Haven’t decided yet on which marriage counselor.

You don't need no stinking counselor. Marriage is easy. I've done it 3 times.

Seriously though, it couldn't hurt.

Comment

Some churches require it.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
        Winner!

Comment

LOL!

Seriously though, our preacher required it before he would marry us. It can't hurt.

Comment

Are you kidding. You have the Green Screen. Ask us anything and we'll have an answer!

Comment

Yes but NOT for couples. Couples counseling is a giant waste of time and money. Go get counseling for yourself. Fix YOU. Be the best YOU. Then when the two of YOU know how to do be great by yourself and communicate with each other then and ONLY then is couples counseling worth it. I can assure you any marital type problems are based on unmet expectations. PERIOD. If you cannot communicate in a loving way your expectations and their expectations of you then, you're wasting time.

Comment

Yep, getting married is the easy part. Staying married is where the work starts.

I wouldn't call what my wife and I did as pre-marital counseling but we did have to go through an interview of sorts before the pastor would agree to perform the ceremony. He asked questions and gave advice and I think it only lasted about an hour. I feel like even that was beneficial.

We haven't had any issues that we couldn't figure out how to overcome by spending a little time studying the Word and openly talking with each other. If we ever encounter a problem we can't overcome with those things, I won't hesitate for us to seek counseling.

And while you're not asking for it, I'm going to give you some simple advise anyway. Don't be afraid to show her your vulnerabilities early in your relationship, and allow her to be empathetic to them. On the flip side, be empathetic when she shows you her vulnerabilities. She won't always need you to fix her problems, sometimes just listening is enough. Solid advice from a Texas counselor named Brenee Brown. You can find her videos on YouTube.

May the Lord bless your upcoming marriage.

Comment

They didn't have that when I got married

Comment

Repeat and agree to this statement and life will be good
                    "yes dear, my sole purpose in life is to please you"

Comment

buddy of mine did it and backed out after the counseling. Saved him lots of cash and grief

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdaddy View Post
                        buddy of mine did it and backed out after the counseling. Saved him lots of cash and grief
                        Smart man, right there.

Comment

We did it before getting married. Was a good experience. I think it’s worth it. I don’t remember it actually costing anything though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ask yourself these simple questions and there is no need for it. You can mix the order of questions if you like.

1. Is she low maintenance?

2. Where does she fall on the crazy/hot matrix. (if you don't know what that is, do yourself a favor and look it up)

3. What does her mother look like?

4. Can she bait her own hook?

5. Can she pack a cooler?

I'm sure some others will have more questions you can add to the list.

seriously though, if you feel the need, then do it. Good luck

Comment

Other than being required by your church, no. If you need counseling with your girlfriend/fiancé pre marriage then you don’t need to marry that person. In my mind counseling would be a last resort to save the marriage. Just my thoughts

Comment

Working...
                              X