Sage limbs for wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sage limbs for wife

I was floored the other day when my wife mentioned she would be interested in learning to shoot a bow after I mentioned I could buy lighter limbs for my sage.

What poundage should I go with? She is pretty dainty. The limbs I have are 45lbs and I know they are too heavy for her.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

I don't know how light they go but I have a set on my sage that are 35lbs and my lady can't pull them. She's dainty also but is further hampered by the fact that she's had a full shoulder replacement on the right side. The limbs I have I used/use for form work. I'd go with something lighter if you can find it. If not let me know and I'll loan you my set of limbs and string to see if she can pull it.

God bless and happy hunting.
    Richard.

Comment

You can get Sage limbs at 3 Rivers. They have the limbs starting at 25 lbs up to 60 lbs in 5 lb increments. I would think she could do the 25# and move up from there.

Comment

Limbs are also +/- 2lbs and most of the limbs I have were on the plus size.

I'd say 25# or 30# is what you are looking for. My wife pulled a 25# bow to 27" pretty well out the gate. My vote would be 25#.

Comment

I got mine a little while back on Amazon and I think there was something for youth sizes. Under 25 I'm not sure though. But my wife is 100 lbs and can hardly pull my 45 sage either.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
            Limbs are also +/- 2lbs and most of the limbs I have were on the plus size.

I'd say 25# or 30# is what you are looking for. My wife pulled a 25# bow to 27" pretty well out the gate. My vote would be 25#.
            25 or 30 is what I was thinking. I need to see how far back she actually can draw my 45lb limbs and that should give me a good idea if 25lbs is in the ballpark.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X