Are we killing chivalry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we killing chivalry?

In today's world of gender equality and adaptive genders I think some valid questions need some consideration. The basics of who gets the door for who is in itself a source of personal conflict. Folks my age arevprogramed to get the door for a lady. Yet many women consider that not only unnecessary but insulting.
    More and more hunting camps have women in them. The days of walking just out of camp to take a leak require a little more discretion. I wonder what other changes, concerns and adaptations we will be making as the world around us evolves in this matter.

Do I leave the seat up or down?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Enough said

Comment

Social Justice Warriors certainly are. They are destroying the idea of a "woman". Being a woman is no longer important and anyone can be one, also feminists feel that everyone must be a man and that being a classical woman is an abomination. Staying at home raising children is some kind of sin.

Comment

Never leave the seat up unless your dog needs some water.

Hold the door for anyone following you through. That is what I teach my boys.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

Do I leave the seat up or down?
          As we end our 32nd year of married bliss, this has NEVER been an issue in our home. I don't want to see inside the toilet unless I am using it. So, we have always had a LID down policy. Obviously the seat will be down if the lid is down, but the lid being closed is all I'm concerned about.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post

My wife hates me letting my lab drink from the toilet. I don't know why though. They lick their butts. [emoji13]

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post

I teach my son the same thing.

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
              As we end our 32nd year of married bliss, this has NEVER been an issue in our home. I don't want to see inside the toilet unless I am using it. So, we have always had a LID down policy. Obviously the seat will be down if the lid is down, but the lid being closed is all I'm concerned about.
              Exactly! I know I don't need to see the inside of my commode.

Comment

Chivarly not dead in my household. My son opens and closes doors for all people as well as my daughter. Common courtesy. Some people say thank and others are to ignorant or to "high class" to say thank you when common courtesy is extended.

Comment

My wife doesn't work outside the home and likes that just fine. She'll stand by a closed door, and make my daughters do the same, until I open it for them. She expects me to get her chair for her. She says she's gonna be ****** if these Women-libbers screw up the game she's got working.

Comment

lol

Comment

They want to be equal but not treated as equal. That's always nice..geez

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        My wife hates me letting my lab drink from the toilet. I don't know why though. They lick their butts. [emoji13]

Lol!! Then we let our dogs lick our face!! Too funny

Comment

I'm a disabled veteran with issues with my back, knees and hips. I'm also 60 yrs. old, but I was raised to be a gentleman, and was always taught to be kind and considerate of my elders, and of ladies. A few years ago, I was riding on a city bus in Washington, DC. The bus was crowded, and standing room only. I was seated and asked the lady standing next to me if she would like my seat. She immediately said "Yes", and thanked me as she took my seat. You would have thought I did a bad thing as the other passengers stared daggers at me. I finally said out loud: "I was always taught never to sit while a lady stands, and if you don't like it, go ride on another bus". Sheesh! Some people - even for Yankees they were rude.

DRT, you're right, it's getting harder and harder these days to do the right thing, but I'm too old to change.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by CoolArrow View Post
                            Lol!! Then we let our dogs lick our face!! Too funny
                            Ah, no. I was ignorant enough as a kid to. Now I'm to CDO to.

Comment

On an American societal level yes. On a TBH community level no. IMO

Im teaching my little boy chivalry and my daughter 2 yrs younger has caught on and expects it. Therein lies my struggle of the sexy battle.

Comment

Working...
                              X