Devil's River Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devil's River Thread

The topic of paddling the Devils River came up several times on my Appalachian Trail thread. I thought I would move that conversation over to a dedicated Devil's River thread.

I would love to hear from anybody who has canoed or kayaked the river and anybody who might be interested in doing so. For whatever reason I always thought this was a longer trip? It's not which makes it possible for possibly next spring?

Let's hear what you have to say!

I want to do this trip!

Comment

If you get a chance to do it you should definitely do it

Comment

Next May for me. I've been wanting to do it for several years now.

Comment

Check the TKF forum

Comment

My brother has made a couple trips down the Devils, you can PM him on here. His user name is Chad_E

Comment

i am fortunate enough to have seen many areas in and around the Devil's River as I work in the area... I have not floated it but I am very interested in getting the trip done. I live in Del Rio so depending on timing I could possibly host some people here at my place if it would help anybody.

I know there are different length trips with some requiring an outfitter while the longest one can be done DIY I believe. I will start gathering info to see what the different trip require.

Here is a link for the shuttle service along with some info on the different trips available...

Enjoy a piece of West Texas while paddling the Devils River. Book a trip with Amistad Expeditions today.
              Last edited by Pedernal; 11-03-2016, 12:05 PM.

Comment

I remembered reading this thread. If nothing else the pics will make you more excited about the trip.

Comment

its on my bucket list

Comment

I did it last spring and would highly highly highly recommend the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by pbl View Post
                      I did it last spring and would highly highly highly recommend the trip.

When did you go? Is May too late? Gotta plan around spring gobblers.

Comment

i am game

is it better to bring your own yak or rent them from a outfitter?

Comment

I'm in the process of researching yaks to buy for wife and I. We are doing this trip next year too.

Comment

this is on the bucket list, in for details.

Comment

I went on labor day weekend with a guide and my gf. I will never forget that trip. Just pray the weather holds up nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X