In 1997 the doctor said ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In 1997 the doctor said ...

The place where I was working offered free blood labs. I said what the heck and got one. A couple weeks later they notified me to get a doctors appt. I went and seen old Saw Bones and he said I was a one step from a heart disease.

I was 85 pounds overweight, my triglycerides was 800 and bad cholesterol was 300. I was put on a new drug called Lipitor at 30mg and told to change my ways.

I got the side affects of Lipitor with sore muscles and such but kept taking it. I did not care about the weight just ate the lipitor pills and went on. Well, fast forward to 2012 and I was still fat, pre diabetic and cholesterol was at 250 with Lipitor. I had to take Allupurinol for the gout too.

My back and knees hurt all the time and I had to wear suspenders to keep my britches up. Saw Bones told me I was gonna have to take dem diabetes pills and up my dosage of Lipitor. I thought about some stuff and decided I aint bullet proof no more,so..

I lost 85 pounds and got down to 155 pounds in a year, Changed the way and things I ate. Learned a new way of living.

Today when I got my physical, the doc took me off the lipitor completely. My cholesterol was 144 and Triglycerides at 131 taking 10mg of generic statin every other day. I celebrated by eating a bucket of KFC and eating Crisco out of the can. Lol. I caint go backards now, gotta keep moving.

Good for you. Praise God

Comment

Awesome job.

Comment

Awesome news. Good for you for taking all that weight off. How in the world did you manage to lose 85 pounds? That is impressive.

Comment

YESSIR!! Congratulation to you sir!! Kinda helps in the energy department too, huh?? Prais God for the wisdom to Listen and react before it was too late! Always good to be on the green side o' tha grass!!

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
            Awesome news. Good for you for taking all that weight off. How in the world did you manage to lose 85 pounds? That is impressive.
            I dont know fer sure, just changed some things. Quit eating too much and got to walking 10 miles a week. I reckon when ol Saw Bones tells you some serious stuff, yer mindset changes.

I would like to hang around fer a while and aggravate lots of people.

Comment

Crisco out of the can! Now that’s a celebration.

Comment

Changing lifestyle and loosing weight can be hard. But not having to carry around over a sack and a half of corn 24 hours a day makes a huge difference in how a person feels!! congrats to you!!

Comment

I tip my hat to you sir, well done.

Comment

Right on! I need to find some self discipline like that! Good for you.

Comment

nice work! Stick with it.

Comment

Well done!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                          Crisco out of the can! Now that’s a celebration.

I bet you have done it. My wife bakes, and a lot of icing is butter and sugar. That melts in Texas so they use shortening. Ruined cakes for me.

Congrats on the weight loss!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                            I bet you have done it. My wife bakes, and a lot of icing is butter and sugar. That melts in Texas so they use shortening. Ruined cakes for me.

Congrats on the weight loss!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            When I was growing up, mom put a tablespoon of bacon grease in everthing she made. She kept a coffee can full of bacon grease next to the cook stove. Dad had to have biscuits at ever supper and breakfast, so I spect you could say we all was raised the old way. Heck we did not know.

Comment

Fantastic story. Doctors aren’t responsible for your health. You are. Congrats on your discipline and wisdom

Comment

Working...
                              X