Jobs in College Station for student?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    He can't. They let him take 16-18 credit hours the first two semesters. But now he's caught up and Sophomores cant's take junior classes.
    That's awesome!

Comment

how bout being a tutor there on campus.

Comment

Tell him to go to Abuelos and ask for Keith the manager. He used to work under me in Amarillo and is a great guy. Good money waiting tables and bar tending.

Comment

You people ragging on a kid for asking for leads on a job stink. Kid wants to work, asked to learn a trade. At least he is trying to find work. Lots of kids now days would lay up and milk mom and dad.
          How about some positive feedback for the youngster instead of y'all bashing on him for wanting to make more than $12 an hour. Or at a minimum just keep your negative trap shut.

Comment

Behind the gun counter at Gander use to be awesome

Obviously not a option now lol

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
              You people ragging on a kid for asking for leads on a job stink. Kid wants to work, asked to learn a trade. At least he is trying to find work. Lots of kids now days would lay up and milk mom and dad.
              How about some positive feedback for the youngster instead of y'all bashing on him for wanting to make more than $12 an hour. Or at a minimum just keep your negative trap shut.
              well said.

Comment

Thank you!!!

Comment

I know you're asking for job leads BUT I'd also consider checking out some classes other departments offer that aren't on your degree plan. There are some pretty useful classes you can take and are also a good way to boost your GPA. I was a PETE major and I took a few classes like that and they were very useful and fun. My favorite was a class through the ag department called power systems or something along those lines. The class taught you about the evolution of different power systems/engines and the lab consisted of completely tearing down and rebuilding a lawn mower engine. I also took a few basic business classes during slow semesters which have proven very useful in my career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I paid for ALL of my own college and bills in cash, while living and working in College Station. PM me if you're interested.

The most important part, who you meet in these years, can strongly determine your success and career. Ask me how I know.

Successful people, recognize hard workers and goal oriented youth. Where you are employed will strongly determine this outcome. You don't want to be around the college crowds, you want to be around the successful old Ags.
                    Last edited by Mr. Public; 05-10-2018, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post

The most important part, who you meet in these years, can strongly determine your success and career. Ask me how I know.

Successful people, recognize hard workers and goal oriented youth. Where you are employed will strongly determine this outcome. You don't want to be around the college crowds, you want to be around the successful old Ags.
                      This is very true. You will be surprised how small the circle is once you start talking around.

Comment

This is very true. You will be surprised how small the circle is once you start talking around.

Correct.
                        I have more friends/relationships/contacts in Bryan/College Station right now that are 20-40 years older than me than I do close to my age group of 30.

Comment

Look into HEB. I worked at an HEB in my hometown in high school then transferred when I went to college. They work with your schedule and 10 years ago I was making over $14/hour as a grocery stocker. I’m not sure if it’s still this way but if you put effort in you can move up quickly with them.

Comment

Working...
                          X