Sad day at the house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad day at the house

We have all lost a four legged member of the family and how we felt about it. Making that ultimate decision is so hard to do. My wife doesn't work so all day she spends with the dogs and cats as her only companions for the most of the day while I am at work. The emotional investment she has for all of them is incredible. When a puppy joins the family they grow into such a big part of our lives, a big part of it being the unconditional love they develop for us. When a cat joins the family it always seems to be on their terms, but they become no less a member of the family. My wife has a place in her heart for all of her "babies". Well today I had to break my wife's heart. I had to make the decision to put one of her cats down. As cats go he was a **** good cat. He was my wife's companion when she would sit outside burning leaves and would go with her when she went to the garden. All of a sudden he had trouble eating and would throw up what he did. Well, after about a week and a half staying with the vet and a quite extensive bill the decision had to be made. My wife is devastated and nothing makes me cry quicker than seeing my wife cry. I know we did the right thing and eventually my wife will realize it too. Until then it is going to be pretty sad around here.

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

losing a pet hurts, sorry for y'all's lose

Comment

Sad times for sure.

Comment

Toughest decision I have made in years was the last dog.

Comment

Sorry for your loss

Comment

Harry, we miss you buddy. I know when I get to heaven I will find you curled up on God's Directv box.

Comment

Brother, I just went through this last week with my boy, Zeus. He didn't get to make it to five years old but they were the best **** four and a half. I'm sorry you have to go through this, it's just ****ty.

I hope you can push past the painful present and remember all the good in the past.

Comment

Sorry to hear this. Prayers up for the family.

Comment

Awe, sorry for your loss. I know that feeling of having to put a fur baby down.

Comment

Sorry for your loss, losing a tough one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hate to hear this news.

Comment

just paid a bundle at the vet for a checkup, and i knew the older one is getting there soon... sorry for your family's loss

Comment

Sorry for the family's loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                              Toughest decision I have made in years was the last dog.

Sorry for your loss

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X