Garage breakins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage breakins

My neighborhood gas had a rash of garage break-is evidently it's simple to break into a garage with a coat hanger . Thought I'd share a video of how to help prevent it.
    THanks Anthony
    In 6 seconds thieves can break into your home by the garage door. Here's a simple thing you can do to prevent home break-ins by the garage.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Yep, zip tied my release lever up a long time ago

Comment

Just cut the handle off the cord. We do it for all of our customers before closing.

Comment

Zip tie tomorrow

Comment

That’s pretty darn bold. They’ll eventually break in to the wrong one and it will be their last one. Nothing seems to surprise me anymore these days though.

Comment

Wow! Going out with zip tie right now....

Comment

I’ll be zip tying mine today!

Comment

All they've got to do is open my truck door and hit the remote.

Good thing I'm 100 yards off the road keep the gate closed. Any ambitious thieves come along I'm in trouble.

Comment

It will take them longer on mine because I have no windows and they cannot see where the coat hanger is going or how they are turning it towards the lever.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                      All they've got to do is open my truck door and hit the remote.

Good thing I'm 100 yards off the road keep the gate closed. Any ambitious thieves come along I'm in trouble.
                      My controller has a shut off switch to keep the remote or any scanner from being able to trip the motor...I don't have windows on the door but still like the zip tie. I guess if you have windows they could cut simply break & snip the tie in the same amount of time??

Comment

It wasnt my house that got broke into , but withing 200 yds 3 other houses got broke into last night between 3-4 am. zip tied mine this morning

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                          Just cut the handle off the cord. We do it for all of our customers before closing.
                          Ours do not have access to pull an extension on the lever, but thieves have done the same by pulling the cord with a hanger and resistance at the handle.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            My controller has a shut off switch to keep the remote or any scanner from being able to trip the motor...I don't have windows on the door but still like the zip tie. I guess if you have windows they could cut simply break & snip the tie in the same amount of time??
                            Yes. We've seen that done before.

Comment

Here's what has happened in close quarter subdivisions on houses with attached garages:

A thief is dropped off by a driver who then breaks into the garage within seconds. Thief closes the garage door and gains entry into the house. Spends an hour or more staging all of your valuables at the closed garage door. Calls his driver to back up the vehicle and loads everything in less than a minute. GONE.

This is prevented if you SET AND MONITOR your alarms.

Comment

Working...
                              X