Ear infection for Dogs??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ear infection for Dogs??

Appears Our Draht has some cooties...favoring the one side & shaking her head constantly. Dark icky stuff when cleaning.

Got an appointment on Monday with the vet, but was hoping maybe there are some suggestions to help ease till then and/or heal ourselves over the weekend.

Thanks!!

Google “purple stuff” . I’d post a link but I’m driving (using voice to text). Purple stuff is a homemade solution. Lots of lab owners use it. My Draht has never had an ear infection. We

Comment

If its ear mites a couple drops of ivomec

Comment

Seen a few chronic ear infections from food allergies.

Comment

If it's the yeast type of ear infection, get some Monistat 7. Seriously, it will cure it....

Comment

I pulled the ear hair out 3 or so times a year................

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
              If it's the yeast type of ear infection, get some Monistat 7. Seriously, it will cure it....
              **** wish I would have known that. Spent a hundred bucks on my lab on Monday for a yeast infection in her ears. Of course I wouldn’t known it was that until I took her though.

Comment

Zymox - not sure if you can buy it locally. Our vet says it’s good to use once a month to prevent yeast problems in ears.

Comment

Sounds like Yeast infection.Clean ear carefully with que tip, take a cotton ball with provide and reallyget deep. Be sure ear is dry and can get air in the ear.HEAD TO VET ON MONDAY

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                    I pulled the ear hair out 3 or so times a year................
                    Do I need an appointment....

Comment

We use Epi Otic once a week or so with our pups. Keeps them clean and helps get water out after swimming. I have one pup we have to do almost every time he is in the water otherwise water will be stuck in his ears. Don’t buy it from the vet though. You can buy it a lot cheaper off amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                        Do I need an appointment....
                        Would this be for you or your dog.
                        Two different prices. One for screaming and fighting the hemostats -the other not noticing the procedure.....

Comment

If its yeast ...One thing that solved my problem ..Medication would stop it...But it would come back soon..Someone said do you feed your do sugar/candy/cookes breads.YEP they said stop ..I did after that dog never had another problem.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                            Seen a few chronic ear infections from food allergies.
                            This!!!!!!!!!

Comment

We use an apple cider vinegar formula for our old doxie that gets them.

Comment

Working...
                              X