X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Oak Archery Tyler

Heard they shut the doors

Amazing that a city the size of Tyler cannot support an archery shop

Not surprised, really great staff but showroom was way too small. Went in a few times with money burning a hole in my pocket and just flat couldn't find anything to buy. On top of that I feel like everybody is loyal to either On Target in Canton or East Tx Hardware in Kilgore. Seems like they were always a little higher than the competition pricewise. Not knocking them, just my $.02

Comment

Stopped in there twice. I needed a couple of things. Employees couldn't take the time to get away from their conversation at the counter. Just some customers/buddies hanging out and shooting the breeze. No problem for me. I just left and didn't spend any money. Told my wife after the second time that their business wasn't going to make it.

Comment

I have heard word through the grapevine that the owner is not the most busy savy of men. Keep hearing rumors that the one in college station won't be far behind. Sad really its the only decent one I know of in the brazos valley

Comment

Went a few times, couldn't find a thing to purchase. But nice staff.

Comment

Originally posted by straightGrizzly View Post
            I have heard word through the grapevine that the owner is not the most busy savy of men. Keep hearing rumors that the one in college station won't be far behind. Sad really its the only decent one I know of in the brazos valley
            What a bummer. Go in there to shoot once a week. Great staff! Prices are a little high but they are the only good archery shop around that I know of.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I went in there a few times and they seemed very knowledgeable. I bought some arrows and planned to have a new string put on before next season. Guess I will be going somewhere else. :-(

Comment

I stopped in last fall and picked up a pack of Rage Hypo's because Gander Mountain and Academy were bot out. The guys in there that day seemed pretty helpful and were friendly. Hate to hear it. But I just happened to be in Tyler, my go to bow shop is The Outdoor Connection in Jacksonville.

Comment

The 2 guys working there when I stopped in were friendly and helpful

That was in October

Comment

I shop at live oak in college station most of the help seems to know what they are doing.
                    Don't know if any body knows about it there is a new bow shop just north of Madisonville
                    and on west side of 45. don't remember the name of it. they have a really nice in door range and 3d range in a big building.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                      I stopped in last fall and picked up a pack of Rage Hypo's because Gander Mountain and Academy were bot out. The guys in there that day seemed pretty helpful and were friendly. Hate to hear it. But I just happened to be in Tyler, my go to bow shop is The Outdoor Connection in Jacksonville.
                      X2

Logan is a good feller and fixes ya up right. Good boys out there in Jacksonville.

Comment

I didn't have a great experience when I went in. Given the lack of gear, I'm not surprised they folded.

Todd

Comment

Shame to hear. I was pleased to see some competition for the other semi-local shop.

Comment

Y'all are spreading rumors like a bunch of little girls.

Comment

Not a rumor, Live Oak Archery in Tyler has closed.

Comment

Working...
                              X