Thank you!!!

Comment

535 am bump.

Comment

Originally posted by Coup de Grace View Post
          535 am bump.

Awesome/ Thanks

Comment

Bella in the creek/floods. Playing with another friends’ dog.

Comment

Looks like they cooling down, awesome picture.

Comment

Bella Bump!

Comment

I have a black mouth cur/pit mix. Initially she wanted to eat everything that looked and acted like prey. If it ran or coward away it was game on! So bad that I built my cat a highway of shelves through our house so she could get from the bedroom to food to litter box up high near the ceiling. After 2 years of positive reinforcement training with treats she has toned down. I then started using a training collar that had shock,vibrate, and tone. After one shock, while she was on leash and wanted to go after a cat, she started to mind. Now I can walk her off leash with all the neighborhood cats. If she lowers her head and grows wrinkles on her forehead all I have to do it make the collar beap and she is back by my side.

Comment

Since Bella is lashing out at other dogs and even nipped at the owner, it sounds like she is confused about her place in the pack structure.

The owner may be unknowingly sending signals to Bella that Bella is the pack Alpha, but everyone expects her to behave like a much lower ranked pack member. She may not know how lead a pack, or the other creatures she meets are not responding properly to her leadership, so she lashes out.

If your friend is willing to slightly modify her behavior towards Bella and keep her, send me a PM. I'll help out for free.

I repaired my relationship with an American Bulldog that I had years ago that behaved the same way. He eventually passed the AKC Good Citizen test.

Comment

Originally posted by banzai View Post
                      Since Bella is lashing out at other dogs and even nipped at the owner, it sounds like she is confused about her place in the pack structure.

The owner may be unknowingly sending signals to Bella that Bella is the pack Alpha, but everyone expects her to behave like a much lower ranked pack member. She may not know how lead a pack, or the other creatures she meets are not responding properly to her leadership, so she lashes out.

If your friend is willing to slightly modify her behavior towards Bella and keep her, send me a PM. I'll help out for free.

I repaired my relationship with an American Bulldog that I had years ago that behaved the same way. He eventually passed the AKC Good Citizen test.

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                      I have a black mouth cur/pit mix. Initially she wanted to eat everything that looked and acted like prey. If it ran or coward away it was game on! So bad that I built my cat a highway of shelves through our house so she could get from the bedroom to food to litter box up high near the ceiling. After 2 years of positive reinforcement training with treats she has toned down. I then started using a training collar that had shock,vibrate, and tone. After one shock, while she was on leash and wanted to go after a cat, she started to mind. Now I can walk her off leash with all the neighborhood cats. If she lowers her head and grows wrinkles on her forehead all I have to do it make the collar beap and she is back by my side.

Good info, I appreciate your responses. My friend is lurking in the background and watching the thread. I’ll holler at her later.

Thanks again guys!

Comment

Working...
                      X