2018 Select Baseball Fall Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Select Baseball Fall Season

Well since the last thread was so good figured I would start a fall season thread for the guys playing. We have tryouts in 10 days at Rothwood on August 10th for my 13U team if anyone is interested. Good luck to all who is trying out for their clubs!

Kid gets to take 3 weeks off to go be a kid. We are gonna do nothing. No throwing, lifting, running- nothing but go be a kid

Comment

My boy has tryouts on the 11th. I guess it's about time to get back to work! He's done ALOT of fishing since Cooperstown so hopefully he ready to go. Hope you have a good turnout Grant! Are you staying with SSK1?

Comment

No fall ball here... rest, strength training, work on mechanics, and MAYBE a start here or there as a pickup player. He grew 8 inches in the past year and a half (6'2" now) and while he had a great summer pitching, it highlighted some minor mechanics issues that developed with such fast growth and are holding him back a few mph. Currently sitting at 83 on the fastball and gonna try to pick up 3-4 more mph...

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
          My boy has tryouts on the 11th. I guess it's about time to get back to work! He's done ALOT of fishing since Cooperstown so hopefully he ready to go. Hope you have a good turnout Grant! Are you staying with SSK1?
          Yes sir will be with SSK1 again this fall. The team really picked it up late in the season, so looking to add 1-2 players will get this team to where it needs to be in the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
            Yes sir will be with SSK1 again this fall. The team really picked it up late in the season, so looking to add 1-2 players will get this team to where it needs to be in the fall.
            Hope you guys find a couple of kids that fit with your group! I hear alot of kids move to the organizations at 13 and up, but don't know if there is any truth to that. Do you guys plan on playing 14u some to get the kids some experience on the big bases? My little guy still isn't comfortable with the -5 bat, but is swinging it alittle better.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
              Hope you guys find a couple of kids that fit with your group! I hear alot of kids move to the organizations at 13 and up, but don't know if there is any truth to that. Do you guys plan on playing 14u some to get the kids some experience on the big bases? My little guy still isn't comfortable with the -5 bat, but is swinging it alittle better.
              You really do need to look at the organization side when you get older. They have the connection with the college coaches over an individual team. Plus they showcase all over to help the kids. Yes we will play some 60/90 in the spring to get ready for High School. Tell little man to keep swinging and getting stronger it will come.

Comment

Well got a text from the new coach today letting everyone know he had just about got the practice schedule together and we would be getting it soon. Looking forward to this new team and coach.

Comment

Guys good luck on your new teams. Just make sure you check your coaches out good before you joining their team. Just found out that a guy that played in our organization was recruiting the whole time and started his own team and took a few of our kids pretty shady if you ask me. I know it's select ball, but you don't recruit while playing here you could have waited for the season to be over. That's ok now I will just get in his tournaments and hope we play them LOL! Bad thing is this guy burned them a couple years ago by walking away guess they never learn!

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                    You really do need to look at the organization side when you get older. They have the connection with the college coaches over an individual team. Plus they showcase all over to help the kids. Yes we will play some 60/90 in the spring to get ready for High School. Tell little man to keep swinging and getting stronger it will come.
                    Not sure I'm looking forward to all that showcase stuff! Lol. Our only hope for him is that if he wants to continue playing in highschool he will be good enough to make the squad. He loves the game and we love watching him play and work hard towards goals. Thanks for always giving me good insight! My baseball knowledge is limited and this is all new for us.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                      No fall ball here... rest, strength training, work on mechanics, and MAYBE a start here or there as a pickup player. He grew 8 inches in the past year and a half (6'2" now) and while he had a great summer pitching, it highlighted some minor mechanics issues that developed with such fast growth and are holding him back a few mph. Currently sitting at 83 on the fastball and gonna try to pick up 3-4 more mph...
                      We are going to need him this year!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                        Well got a text from the new coach today letting everyone know he had just about got the practice schedule together and we would be getting it soon. Looking forward to this new team and coach.
                        Sorry if I missed it - Did yall end up going to the Nationals? Majors team?

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                          Sorry if I missed it - Did yall end up going to the Nationals? Majors team?
                          Yes we went with the Nationals team

Comment

Big Organization - vs - Single team

Age Group 14U Class of 2023

What is the recommendation? Especially if the kid shows exceptional potential?

I hadnt really thought about "exposure" or "college" until this exact discussion last night with a buddy of mine. He has an older daughter who went through the recruiting process for softball and he is a firm believer in gaining exposure early.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                              Yes we went with the Nationals team
                              Great Organization!

Is the coach Garrett or Fry?

Comment

Working...
                              X