Rubber Roof Shingles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubber Roof Shingles

Anyone have any experience with theses (Euroshield,Enviroshake)?

Saw 3 houses yesterday and spoke with one owner...a bit more $ than asphalt shingles but he loved them for durability and sound/temp insulation.

Anyone?

Comment

Yes. I’ve dealt with them a few times.

My favorite is the rubberized slate style.

I’ll think of the name here in a little while

Comment

Ecostar

Comment

Colors fade drastically in some. Lifting/curling is common.
          Although a classIV IR shingle, if the w valley metal, pipe flashing and vents are damaged by hail, insurance will have to total in order to replace the metals.

Comment

Originally posted by Czechfish View Post
            Colors fade drastically in some. Lifting/curling is common.
            Although a classIV IR shingle, if the w valley metal, pipe flashing and vents are damaged by hail, insurance will have to total in order to replace the metals.
            Why would you have to total the roof to replace the flashings?

Detach, replace the valley, reset the shakes.

Wait, let me guess....

Comment

50 year warranty. Something to consider. My 20 year old roof is getting pretty crispy. I’ll need to do something pretty soon. I’m definitely going to check this out.....

Comment

Might check with your insurance company before installation. Some may not want to cover them most probably will not mind. But, knowing one way or the other would be advised.

Comment

I would think the sun would destroy them. Myself I have metal roof.

Comment

We went metal after putting two new roofs due to hail in 5 years. Got sick of dealing with it and saved up to go full metal (except on the flat roof portion)

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                      Why would you have to total the roof to replace the flashings?

Detach, replace the valley, reset the shakes.

Wait, let me guess....
                      Wait, let me guess... you are an adjuster?

Comment

Originally posted by Bkag09 View Post
                        Wait, let me guess... you are an adjuster?
                        Good guess.

Would you also guess that I appraise losses against the insurance companies? Like daily.

Even for a few folks on here.....

Ask them if I'm biased in any way.

The right thing to do in this situation is exactly that -- the right thing.

Comment

My sister had a slate roof. A bad hail storm busted it up pretty good. It has been on the house since 1957. Insurance cut her a check and she went back with the gray imitation slate made of rubber. It is beautiful and she has had zero trouble with it. If not for metal on my house I would consider it. I would especially consider it if I lived under any trees. She had a 8 inch oak branch fall. It broke the roof rafter but didn't tear the roof material. They didn't have to fix the rafter as it was on a small hip section.

Comment

I am amazed at the number I see replaced simply for flashing/metals. These guys find a niche and run with it.

Comment

Working...
                            X