No announcement yet.

Hot Wells Shooting - Manslaughter Charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry, I heard a different side of this. correct me if wrong. a round was stuck in the chamber and the young man was trying to get it out and it discharged. when that happened, the man that was struck in the head was walking up to pay the range fee. I in no way want to sound morbid, but what are the chances of this?

Comment

Sad situation, we all make mistakes. But this is a mistake you cant get away from. Feel bad for both sides...

Comment

Originally posted by bryan sandlin View Post
        sorry, I heard a different side of this. correct me if wrong. a round was stuck in the chamber and the young man was trying to get it out and it discharged. when that happened, the man that was struck in the head was walking up to pay the range fee. I in no way want to sound morbid, but what are the chances of this?
        if this is true as horrible as it is I feel a young mans life should not be ruined for that. Maybe some time but not most of his life.

Comment

This story is a real tragedy for all involved and just getting worse

Want to share an experience I had:
          Had a good friend of mine and well known holster maker accidently shoot himself through the leg at the Co. gun show while checking fit of a holster for a customer. He's well trained with pistols from the military and has done this thousands of times. The customer told the Popo he didn't even have a mag with him - that Mike put one of his own in it! Police were charging him with several felonies. The NRA stepped in and it was found that the customer had close relatives that were Popo and were helping him out. The real story was that once the officer at the door checked his gun and put a wire tie on the action the customer put his loaded mag. back in. When Mike clipped the tie to check it that jacked one in the tube. If he had not been an NRA member he would of lost his bus. and served time and right to carry. Purely an accident on his part and the customer's. Can't practice safe gun handling enough

Comment

There is no other side of this. Regardless of what was going on with gun... what’s the first... and second rule of gun safety. Always check if loaded and always point in a safe direction.

What does the gun having a round stuck in it have to do with following literally the first two and most basic rules of gun safety? It’s a gun range. It literally has a place designed to discharge a weapon. If safety was at all a concern it should have been cleared at the line which is the rule. Indefensible.

Gross negligence caused the death of a father of three.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              I didnt see it coming either but with the powers at be Im not surprised. Terrible deal for both sides
              X2

Comment

Originally posted by bryan sandlin View Post
                I can tell you with 100% certainly that is NOT the case. And you can take that to the bank

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

It was a mistake. Hence, the manslaughter charge. Sad deal. I trust the jury system. Hope they get it right. Prayers for all involved

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    I can tell you with 100% certainly that is NOT the case. And you can take that to the bank

Why don't you tell use the story? Seriously.. What happened?
                    Must be a lot more to the story for this level of punishment..

Comment

Probation. Write it down

Comment

I can see how this could happen. When I’m hunting I never get into the blind with a round in the chamber but when I’m done I usually pull the bolt back and push the round back into the mag. Sometimes those guns make it all the way into my safe with rounds in the mag. I check my guns again before I put them in my safe but will sometimes leave rounds in the mag. I am very **** about making sure the mags are empty and the bolt is back when bringing it to the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Someone was going to be made to pay for this, one way or another.

Comment

There are no accidents where guns are concerned, there is only negligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                              There are no accidents where guns are concerned, there is only negligence.
                              Agreed.

Criminal negligence.

I doubt the young man will do 20 years. 2-3 years and lose his rights to ever touch another firearm seems about right to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                                Why don't you tell use the story? Seriously.. What happened?
                                Must be a lot more to the story for this level of punishment..
                                Ask me again when the trial is over.

I hope an agreement can be made before that happens

Last edited by Quackerbox; 05-05-2018, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X