whoknew putting a culvert in was such a hassle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whoknew putting a culvert in was such a hassle

just a rant, I live on a state Hwy, and found out I need approval in order to install a new Driveway, as I am installing a new iron fence with a big gate, and all. but TxDot. in this area.... been trying to get the person out here for the last 4 weeks... found out she is out , and her back is out. so I explained that I got guys ready to set post the ground Thursday.... now we need to get the Engineer to see if he can come out...Man I love living in the country, but having to get permission is a drag....
    sorry ... just had to vent I know ain't no hurrying the State, or Hunt county

Government is there to help us....lol.[emoji1] Hang in there!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

It will take an act of Congress to get permission and if it may lead to any problems then you could be up a creek without a paddle. Seen it happen before. Hope you get approved and approved soon.

Comment

You didn't expect to have that thing done anytime in the next few years, right? lol...

Comment

Yep, gotta get permission then u gotta,pay for culvert and after its set you don't own it anymore

Comment

Maybe santa will put a culvert in. The gov cant sue santa

Comment

Much easier to ask for forgiveness

Comment

Yep, had to go through it when we built our house. The road and bridge man was on top of it though so we didnt have huge delays.

Sorry about your luck though. Sucks!

Comment

When I lived on hwy 289 I put up a 4x4 post mailbox and txdot left a note that needed breakaway post in case vehicle hits it. They came out and put up the post, right in front of the immoveable trees.....it's government, it doesn't have to make sense.....somehow that wooden 4x4 post was a danger to an errant vehicle but the trees there being natural were not....

Comment

I tried to do it the right way with a permit in Hunt and they wanted to move it 300 ft away to a much steeper spot and add a culvert with safety ends. I cancelled the permit request.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X