Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Z7X View Post
    Look here for current title status.

Search federal vehicle title, salvage and total loss information quickly and affordably with National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) title check report from Auto Data Direct.

Looks like it's $4.95 to use. I'm sure there are others. Found this one on http://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/buyin...before-you-buy
    I get:
    While there is not a record for this VIN is not in the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS), it does not mean that this vehicle is free of damage, title brands or other problems.
    He did a carfax before he bought it and all was clear.

Obviously, I don't know the bank in MN or I'd have been in contact with them.

I'll give him your recommendation, Dave. The seller is 150 miles from FC. I doubt military.
    Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
      Sure are a lot of computer cowboys on here. How many guys do you intend to take with you when you meet? 2, 3, 10? What if you do meet and he has 4, 6, or 20 of his buddies? What if he really is a horrible person and pulls a gun on you? You still going to fight him, teach him a lesson, etc. If he has no qualms about pulling a scam like this, would you put it past him to teach YOU a lesson or bring his buddies to get the money that he think is owed. He'll, maybe he is going to rob you of everything you have, take the bill of sale and take back his truck.

Also, don't you think that would be a little illegal? Assault, battery, etc. Let's day you did teach him a lesson and you whipped his ***. Now he sues you in civil court and has the bruises, cuts, lacerations, etc to prove it.

I understand that what he is doing is wrong, but does two wrongs make a right? Why not not through the legal channels to sort it out. It just amazes me how many ****** fighters on this site that look for the opportunity to go fist-a-cuffs on someone else. It amazes me how many people speak without thinking about what they are saying. Almost like they want to hear themself talk.
      Believe it or not and evidently before your time, at one time this was the way a lot of problems got solved.

Ahhhhhh, the GLORY DAYS!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
        Believe it or not and evidently before your time, at one time this was the way a lot of problems got solved.

Ahhhhhh, the GLORY DAYS!
        I bet you pulled more than a few people behind your wagon for wronging you back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
          I bet you pulled more than a few people behind your wagon for wronging you back in the day.
          That would be Burnadell. I'm not quite that durn old yet!

Comment

He beat em with his pterodactyl bone club..

Comment

Originally posted by Goldstein View Post
              Sellers signature on that bill of sale acknowledges receipt of $13,000, NOT $11,900.

Take him to court if you have to.
              ^^^^this^^^

The Seller put in writting that he recieved $13,000.

Done!!!

Comment

A TBH'er ran some info on the VIN and individual involved. Truck not stolen. He appears to be a decent person. (Thank you to said TBH'er!)

They were also able to get info on bank. I called them and they would not release anything to me. I said I have your truck in possession with a BOS, so it'd be advantages to both of us if we worked together. Still nada.

Spoke to our son earlier and he said the guy texted him yesterday out of the blue asking for an address to mail the title. We'll see if it shows up in the PO box.

Meanwhile waiting on meeting with legal services.
                Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Originally posted by Devin View Post
                  A TBH'er ran some info on the VIN and individual involved. Truck not stolen. He appears to be a decent person. (Thank you to said TBH'er!)

They were also able to get info on bank. I called them and they would not release anything to me. I said I have your truck in possession with a BOS, so it'd be advantages to both of us if we worked together. Still nada.

Spoke to our son earlier and he said the guy texted him yesterday out of the blue asking for an address to mail the title. We'll see if it shows up in the PO box.

Meanwhile waiting on meeting with legal services.

Check fire.....over!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                  l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                  ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Tell him you'll pay for overnight mail, ask him to take a picture of the signed title first and text it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                      Well.............are y'all gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?
                      I have to admit, I laughed at this! good one!

Randy rode hard and fast back in his day!

Originally posted by Devin View Post
                      Well, there ya go. Going to get settled without violence, as it should!

Comment

Getting the address may be a ploy to locate and "repo" the truck?

Comment

There are lots of pieces of crap in and around military towns who prey on kids away from home. I was taken in Charleston, SC back in the 80's. Hope it all gets worked out in the end. I'd file a suit in small claims court for the title plus court cost immediately. I'd also get a lock for the steering wheel to keep the scuzbag from coming and getting the car at night. After all, its still his.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                            Randy rode hard and fast back in his day!
                            Get down little lady. Hell is coming to breakfast!

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                              Getting the address may be a ploy to locate and "repo" the truck?
                              Yup

Give him a friends addy

Dervin, your still the worlds worst mod...

Comment

He said PO Box.

Comment

Working...
                                X