Update: Lavon COE deer hunting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
    Call me crazy but I'm guessing the bordering landowners might not want a deer hunt out there EVER!
    They don't border Lavon COE. But there are some monsters on that land.

Comment

Until enough hunters raise enough hell, contact their congressmen, and make the Corp of Engineer manager's life a pain in the butt, nothing is going to change.

CoE folks like to do as little as possible, and have as little headaches as possible.

I know this for a fact since I am friends with one of the local lake managers.

His recommendation was to continuously raise a fuss. Thats EXACTLY what homeowners do to get duck hunting shut down in coves near housing additions. If hunters did the same, they would probably react.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
        Until enough hunters raise enough hell, contact their congressmen, and make the Corp of Engineer manager's life a pain in the butt, nothing is going to change.

CoE folks like to do as little as possible, and have as little headaches as possible.

I know this for a fact since I am friends with one of the local lake managers.

His recommendation was to continuously raise a fuss. Thats EXACTLY what homeowners do to get duck hunting shut down in coves near housing additions. If hunters did the same, they would probably react.
        This subject has been ticking me off for some time now. I have seen pics of some absolute giants that have been taken around the corp land since archery opened up in Collin county. Haven't hunted hogs out there in a couple years, but would often bump a few whitetail when walking around out there. If the population supports it, it should be allowed. Would love to have the opportunity to hunt down the street! Time to start raising some hell.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
          They don't border Lavon COE. But there are some monsters on that land.

Yea they don't border Lavon but close enough to speculate the genetics are there.

Comment

Originally posted by jfalcone8 View Post
            Yea they don't border Lavon but close enough to speculate the genetics are there.

True. They've definitely got some big ones on the corps land

Comment

If guys want help with this join the LSBA and contact your local rep. This is the kind of things the LSBA specializes in. They have go lands open for hunting before and this will give you a louder voice.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                If guys want help with this join the LSBA and contact your local rep. This is the kind of things the LSBA specializes in. They have go lands open for hunting before and this will give you a louder voice.
                I'm Looking into to the LSBA thanks for the info.

Comment

Deer Hunting at Lavon is a bad idea.

Comment

Why? No reason not to have a limited lottery type hunt patterned after Hagermans system, there were hunters who vocally opposed a hunt at there one time as well, and most of them owned land that bordered the refuge...

Comment

Originally posted by Pope & Yum View Post
                      I'm Looking into to the LSBA thanks for the info.

Don't know where this coe is located but hope you joined LSBA. We are in the process of updating our web site. New one should be up and running soon. If you would like to meet some of us our annual awards banquet is June 24 in Grapevine this year. There will be great auction items including some great hunts. Good food and fellowship and more. Check out website for more details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                        Why? No reason not to have a limited lottery type hunt patterned after Hagermans system, there were hunters who vocally opposed a hunt at there one time as well, and most of them owned land that bordered the refuge...
                        Can you hog hunt Hagerman year round whenever you want to?

Comment

Originally posted by hogtrapper84 View Post
                          Can you hog hunt Hagerman year round whenever you want to?
                          no. whats that matter? two completely different places. That doesn't mean a deer draw hunt wouldn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                            no. whats that matter? two completely different places. That doesn't mean a deer draw hunt wouldn't work.
                            Exactly, people don't want to share the honey hole...
                            Last edited by bossbowman; 06-20-2017, 09:43 AM.

Comment

If you wanna hunt collin county that badly then stop being cheap and start offering to pay. When you ask someone to hunt their property and dont offer to pay they are gonna say no. They dont need the property looked after. They want money. Lavon will never be a draw for deer. Too many public land hunters for hogs and ducks. Get over it and stop whining. Get a deer lease and have good time. Its that easy. Yes it is

Comment

Originally posted by hogtrapper84 View Post
                                If you wanna hunt collin county that badly then stop being cheap and start offering to pay. When you ask someone to hunt their property and dont offer to pay they are gonna say no. They dont need the property looked after. They want money. Lavon will never be a draw for deer. Too many public land hunters for hogs and ducks. Get over it and stop whining. Get a deer lease and have good time. Its that easy. Yes it is
                                ok

Comment

Working...
                                X