Opinions Por Favor: Toyota 4runner vs Jeep Grand Cherokee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions Por Favor: Toyota 4runner vs Jeep Grand Cherokee

Ive been considering a new daily driver for several months.. I'm wanting 4wd capabilities and a dependable SUV. Looking at the 4th Gen to 5th gen 4runner 2005-2017 or a newer 2015- 2016 Grand Cherokee Overland trim.

4runner looking at the 2015 2016 Trail or 2017 TRD Off Road but the TRD Pro is outta my price range. I'd consider a older 4th gen with lower miles too

Green screen have any experience with these?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have a Durango R/T which is a similar vehicle but bigger cousin to the Grand Cherokee, and I love it. Lots of power and very comfortable. That being said I miss my Tundra too. The longevity on Toyotas is honestly unmatched IMO, but the interiors are very vanilla and bland. Also if you are doing the offroad stuff, I believe the 4 runner has better ground clearance which is a definite need. It all depends on your goal.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

You cant beat Toyota in that comparison. Had a GC and it was an under-powered dog! Very seldom do the words Jeep and reliable get used in the same sentence.

Good luck

Comment

Toyota 4Runner is reliable. I haven’t seen many other brands hold up as well on a consistent basis. We have a 2012 4Runner SR5, 4x4.it has been wrecked but is still going strong. Almost at 100K miles, and haven’t done a thing besides oil changes and maintenance. I think it’ll go another 100K easily. We’ll be buying the wife another one in the next year or so, and I’ll drive it around town, to work, and for hunting and leave he duramax under the carport. She doesn’t want any other vehicle

Comment

The 4 Runner all day long over the jeep. We have a 2010 4 runner. Been a great vehicle.

Comment

My folks, along with a ton of friends, have the newer 4runners. 100% the way to go

Comment

There is no comparison between the two on reliability and holding value. Toyota wins that contest easily.

Comment

This thread is perfect timing. I am considering trading in the FJ. (Hard decision...I love that car!)

I want another new FJ, but since that is not an option, I was looking at the 4Runner. The latest reviews of the Jeep Cherokee are pretty good. I’ve never been a fan of Jeep for long term ownership (as clearly I do with a vehicle...LOL), but I was starting to considering looking at them.

Y’all are making me go back with my initial thought of 4Runner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Toyota hands down, although I love the look of the grand Cherokee.

I was at the Toyota dealership the other day and looked at the TRD pro 4 runner. Man those are cool, but not $50k cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

4Runner all the way. I own one and love it.

Comment

we have had 2 4runners. our current is a 2016. it is great - i would not plan to tow anything with it. the engine is fine for getting around, but if you want to tow, consider a v8 option.

and everyone knows toyota gas mileage is terrible. ours gets 16 to 17 in the city. we never do long trips with it as we usually take the sequoia.

Comment

Were as I have no doubt about the 4 runner or any Toyota vehicles, we have had great success with Jeep Grand Cherokees.

Just bought a 2019 for the boss a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                          There is no comparison between the two on reliability and holding value. Toyota wins that contest easily.
                          This

Comment

Not even in the same ball park.

4 runner

Comment

Vote for the Toyota here.

Comment

Working...
                              X