Peep sight help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peep sight help

Bought a new bow a few months ago..... absolutely love it! Only issue I’m having is.....every 3-4 shots, I have to twist the peepsight or D loop back to line up. I’ve taken it back to my bow shop twice to have the issue fixed but.... it continues to happen. Any suggestions??

Not to hate but different bow shop??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The shop needs to put half twist in your string

Comment

Originally posted by Kas View Post
        Not to hate but different bow shop??

I’ve considered this!!

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
          The shop needs to put half twist in your string
          They’ve done that... and even tried adjusting the timing. Same results.

Comment

How many shots have you taken with it? I had same issue with mine eventually went back to rubber tube peep but since gone back to my original when I put new strings on... anyways shop said you need 100+ shots (more the merrier type thing) for string to break in then the bow shop can fix and you shouldn't have to mess with it.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
              How many shots have you taken with it? I had same issue with mine eventually went back to rubber tube peep but since gone back to my original when I put new strings on... anyways shop said you need 100+ shots (more the merrier type thing) for string to break in then the bow shop can fix and you shouldn't have to mess with it.
              I’ve shot several hundred shots with it. I shoot at least 40-50 shots 4 times a week

Comment

Could be your D loop slightly sliding around the string each shot. Have you tried tying a new one

Comment

Originally posted by youngSLY88 View Post
                  Could be your D loop slightly sliding around the string each shot. Have you tried tying a new one
                  Yep. Had a new D loop put on... same result.

Comment

Mathews bow possibly? I had the same problem when i got my Halon a couple years ago, take it to the bow shop and they would fix it. I did that every few weeks, eventually the string settled out and it held fine for the next couple years. Now i just bought the new Vertix and i'm going through the same process. Them zebra strings are the worst.

Comment

Get a new string.

Comment

Need a good set of strings

Comment

Originally posted by SETXHUNT0902 View Post
                          Mathews bow possibly? I had the same problem when i got my Halon a couple years ago, take it to the bow shop and they would fix it. I did that every few weeks, eventually the string settled out and it held fine for the next couple years. Now i just bought the new Vertix and i'm going through the same process. Them zebra strings are the worst.
                          I had a little trouble with my vertix. I kept twisting the peep for a few weeks before the shot just to give my string time to settle in .. took it to the shop this week and had it flipped and now its good.. it does seem to take them awhile to get right..

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                            I had a little trouble with my vertix. I kept twisting the peep for a few weeks before the shot just to give my string time to settle in .. took it to the shop this week and had it flipped and now its good.. it does seem to take them awhile to get right..
                            Yep its kind of a pain. I just got my vertix about 3 weeks ago and its slowly been twisting but ive still been shooting just to try and let it settle before i head up to the shop. But as of yesterday its twisted so much i can barely see through the peep.

Comment

I have had that issue a number of times in the past, and not wanting to wait for the strings to settle, I rotate the D loop to where it needs to be so that at full draw the peep is good. then a drop of super glue on the D where it wraps the string halo. problem always solved for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                              X