Work Commute Car? Which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work Commute Car? Which one?

Possibly looking to buy a cheaper manual car to commute back and forth to work with great gas mileage. Wanting to keep my miles off my 05' Tacoma. Looking to stay well under $10k, and just curious what cars guys are driving to commute back and forth to work.

Currently looking at:

VW Jetta
    Nissan Versa Base
    Toyota Corolla
    Ford Fusion and a few others.

If this has been asked please forgive me. I did the search, but nothing came up.

Honda Fit

Comment

Hyundai- Elantra
      Mine is 2013 bought in September for $8500 with 50,*** miles. It is loaded out, leather, navigation, etc. Avg 33MPG mixed HWY/City and I keep my foot in it.

Also Hyundai has 10 year/100K mile warranty for the first owner, 5/60K transferable. That 10K miles of warranty mine had left was a big peace of mind for me when buying as I felt like any pre-existing issue on a used vehicle should show up in 10K miles
      Last edited by AgHntr10; 03-16-2018, 09:52 AM.

Comment

I drive the 2015 Nissan Versa, it is awesome! AVG about 38MPG combined and that is not driving it easy. Could easy get 40. Keep the oil changed and tires rotated and no problems yet.

Comment

Also, I bought it for 9300 bucks and it had 4200 miles on it.... so basically new!

I got the one with power windows, hands free bluetooth and the Pure Drive for better MPG

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
            I drive the 2015 Nissan Versa, it is awesome! AVG about 38MPG combined and that is not driving it easy. Could easy get 40. Keep the oil changed and tires rotated and no problems yet.
            I just found a 2013 base Nissan versa for $4000 with $45k miles. Didn't know anything about them until I saw one. It's base as it comes, but I just need air/heat and good gas mileage.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Mazda 3

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
                I just found a 2013 base Nissan versa for $4000 with $45k miles. Didn't know anything about them until I saw one. It's base as it comes, but I just need air/heat and good gas mileage.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                That is a great price!!

I couldn't quite do the base, I did mine pretty loaded for a versa but I spend alot of time in the car so wanted it decently nice. I have been driving it for a year and a half and I really like it!

Comment

Find you a Honda Civic.

Comment

Honda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Read here that Tesla’s are a good commuter

Comment

Was a Passat TDI on here recently. great option

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                          Read here that Tesla’s are a good commuter
                          I bet they are for the price, but way out of my price range.

Comment

I drove a Kia Rio for many years. It was a great car.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                              That is a great price!!

I couldn't quite do the base, I did mine pretty loaded for a versa but I spend alot of time in the car so wanted it decently nice. I have been driving it for a year and a half and I really like it!
                              My communte is less than an hour, so the basic would work for me. Any issues you have had?

Comment

Working...
                              X