iPhone or Samsung Galaxy S5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone or Samsung Galaxy S5

I'm getting ready to upgrade my phone. Just need some opinions on theses two phones. I've had an iPhone for quite some time, just thinking of switching, what's most of TBH's using nowadays?

S5 Active

Comment

I was a long time iPhone user and switched to the s5 a month ago. It took a week or two to get used to the differences, but I like it a lot and don't see going back.

Comment

Here is my review from 2cool. OK where to start. I just got my S5 Active the other day and upgrading from an S3 I can say this thing is AMAZING. The cpu is crazy fast, the storage is awesome 16g on phone + a 32g class 10 micro sd and thats more space than you need. Plus water, shock and dust resistant (yes ive put it underwater and still works fine). The screen is now gorilla glass and the camera is sapphire glass. Not to mention the battery life is like no other, I charge it once every other day with moderate use. It also has the ultra battery save mode which will cut off certain features(phone goes to black and white but can still use phone,text, internet ect) and extend you battery for DAYS, yes days! Samsung still has the easy mode UI for less experienced (iphone) users that done want to get to involved. As of now I rate it 9 out of 10. Samsung really made a change from the S4-S4 active and knocked it out of the park. Here is me washing it at work with no cover.

I posted this pic last night. Over 20hrs without charging with moderate use and still at 58%, NO iphone can do that.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by jaime1982; 08-01-2014, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Switched to the S5 two weeks ago and haven't looked back.

Comment

I am on my last iPhone and am jumping ship....

Comment

I've had the iPhone 3G and 4GS and switched to the Samsung Galaxy S4 about 9 months ago. I will be going back to iPhone the first chance I get for numerous reasons. The only thing I like about the Galaxy is the bigger screen.

Comment

Like colwell, I also had the 3g, 3gs, 4, and the iPhone 5. I switched to the Galaxy S5 about 1.5 months ago.

However, I do not see myself switching back any time soon. Yes, there are things I miss and options I liked about the iPhone but not enough to worry about.

Comment

It's so bad, I just got rid of my iPad and got the new Samsung S as a tablet

Comment

I am testing a galaxy now. Not sure if I am sold just yet. I'm going to give it the weekend before I send my rebate claim in.

Comment

I use to own a galaxy s4. I went to the I phone 5s, and I'd never go back to android. This I phone is just more compatable with everything I do, from work to home.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewboy22 View Post
                        Like colwell, I also had the 3g, 3gs, 4, and the iPhone 5. I switched to the Galaxy S5 about 1.5 months ago.

However, I do not see myself switching back any time soon. Yes, there are things I miss and options I liked about the iPhone but not enough to worry about.
                        What do you miss from the iPhone?

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
                          What do you miss from the iPhone?
                          First and most important - I found out that several apps I use daily were iPhone only. (Gas Cubby was my favorite)

The Alarm sound - I used that loud aggresive one that sounds like a hazard alarm.

Something I noticed the other night is that on the iPhone, if you had it on silent or powered off the alarm would still sound. On the Galaxy nope! I forgot to turn my phone back on the other night after the movies and woke up late .

There are a few more but they are small enough that I cant think of them right now.

I do however like the usage charts and the "Toolbox" on the S5

Comment

I have a 4s and Im ready for an upgrade (have been for a year or so) and will give Apple 1 more chance. They are supposed to have a 4.7" out in Sep and a 5.5ish out in Oct. If not then it'll probably be a S5.

Comment

Left iphone for the S5 back on April... haven't regretted it a bit

Comment

Working...
                              X