Warren hunting club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warren hunting club

Just trying to get a few inputs on the warren hunting club in warren tx. Who's all on it and how do you think the hunting. This is my second year on the lease not to impressed. The lease is something like 6400 acres, and butts up to horse pen creek hunting club, any information is greatly appreciated.

Where are you at in Warren? I hunt off FM 1943 just west of town.

Comment

I believe the road is fm 1420. It's just past the BBQ shack and Valero on the left. I live in splendora and I take hwy 59 to 190 east , take 190 bout 20 miles and turn on 256. 256 connects 190 to 69.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon Poison View Post
        Where are you at in Warren? I hunt off FM 1943 just west of town.
        Me too. I'm just past the football stadium.

Comment

There is a lot of hogs on warren hunting club. Not many deer . I'm pretty positive this is our groups last year on the lease. We r a group of 4 couples. I'm hoping we can another lease next year. The president of warren hunting club won't even give us a map of the lease. He said the map is to old and you can't go by it anymore. But when I had my own 300 acres leased a few years ago the timber company would send me a new map every year.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            Me too. I'm just past the football stadium.
            Were about 5 miles West of town. My first year out here, Hunted West of Woodville last couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by Teamigloo25 View Post
              There is a lot of hogs on warren hunting club. Not many deer . I'm pretty positive this is our groups last year on the lease. We r a group of 4 couples. I'm hoping we can another lease next year. The president of warren hunting club won't even give us a map of the lease. He said the map is to old and you can't go by it anymore. But when I had my own 300 acres leased a few years ago the timber company would send me a new map every year.
              The maps we got from the TC were pretty poor. I printed a map off google earth. Was much better that the hand drawn map we got from them.

Comment

Well I graduated from Warren. I know the area well. Played in many football games in that stadium. One thing about Warren Hunting Club, it's well known by the outlaws. And thats no joke.

Comment

Hunted the Pole Branch Hunting Club a few years before I bought my Leakey place. It was farther down the road at the dead end past Warren I think. Some guys had nice deer shot off that place, it was hard hunting but at least there were some deer, and plenty of hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                    Well I graduated from Warren. I know the area well. Played in many football games in that stadium. One thing about Warren Hunting Club, it's well known by the outlaws. And thats no joke.
                    hey ragin, do you know Ken Cauthen? the ag teacher that just retired? I went to college with his son Will.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                      hey ragin, do you know Ken Cauthen? the ag teacher that just retired? I went to college with his son Will.
                      Him and Mr. Curry where my Ag teachers. Forestry with Mr Curry. Beef Judging with Mr. Cauthen. I know Katie also.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                        Him and Mr. Curry where my Ag teachers. Forestry with Mr Curry. Beef Judging with Mr. Cauthen. I know Katie also.
                        cool, small world.

Comment

Out here at the lease here in warren. Sitting in the stand now. I drove up last night to sit as long as I can. It's windy out here but hey the texans play tonight so I will just sit as long as possible. Had a bag of soured corn so I dumped it and now perched above it

Comment

Me 2 siting in stand in warren windy is right getting a little better though no deer yet good moon phase good BP at 30.03 chilly weather don't know we're the deer is minor feeding time is 850 to 950 so staying in stand till Tleast 11

Comment

Originally posted by Teamigloo25 View Post
                              Out here at the lease here in warren. Sitting in the stand now. I drove up last night to sit as long as I can. It's windy out here but hey the texans play tonight so I will just sit as long as possible. Had a bag of soured corn so I dumped it and now perched above it
                              You are in Cowboy Country dude. Jus sayin!!

Good luck!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X