No announcement yet.

Bare fingers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shoot bare When i shot alot you get caluses built up. I shoot 3under Sanbur

Comment

Patrick,

I have shot fingers since before your first birthday, lol... Use a tab!!!! I will make you a custom tab, trust me you will shoot better with it.

Comment

I shoot about the same with or without glove, but I haven't shot trad very long. I can see how the fingers could get really tender if you shoot a lot.

Comment

always with a glove for me

Comment

lol Deb i thought that was funny when Arvin said yall shot your fsc's laying on your sides that why the pic came out sideways

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
              Patrick,

I have shot fingers since before your first birthday, lol... Use a tab!!!! I will make you a custom tab, trust me you will shoot better with it.
              Ben , you are giving away your age ! Are you going to the ranch this weekend ? If so drop me a line , maybe I could ride over and do a little shooting with you. I was shooting all over the place this evening, don't know what is wrong, maybe a little fatigue in my hands from using sheetmetal snips all day yesterday.

Patrick

Comment

Sometimes I just wrap Medical tape around the finger tips for extended shooting.

Comment

I use to do it some, can't say I was better that way. Back in the day I had a habit of either forgetting, dropping, or losing my tab and getting to the stand without it.

It got much harder when my bow pounds went up.

Comment

WHY! It can't be good on your fingers to shoot without protection of some sort. There are many thin tabs and gloves that can give you protection without losing FEEL. I can see going BARE in a pinch while hunting but see no need to do so while practicing. The more you shoot a glove or tab the more natural senstive it becomes. I have 6 tabs and shoot them all to get them broke in. Some good leather conditioner will make the process a little faster as well.

Comment

Originally posted by deer99hunter View Post
                      Ben , you are giving away your age ! Are you going to the ranch this weekend ? If so drop me a line , maybe I could ride over and do a little shooting with you. I was shooting all over the place this evening, don't know what is wrong, maybe a little fatigue in my hands from using sheetmetal snips all day yesterday.

Patrick
                      Brother,
                      I am working days this weekend, but I have been known to shoot in the dark, it makes for the best rabbit hunting. We may want to get together if you can, the last few days I have been in the zone x2!!!! You're always welcome at my fire as well as everyone here.

Comment

I shot with a glove for about 5 years. I could not get used to a tab. I was wanting to feel my ancor better so maybe I would actualy reach it.I tried several and got tired of buying different tabs. I then cut a piece of scrap leather from I think it was Micheals. A whole bag for like $10. Now I double that tab up. Been shooting it for a couple years.Hope it never is lost or wears out. Yeah Arvin good luck on that.

Comment

Arvin,

If your tab ever fails I'll make you a new one!!!! I like making things out of leather...

Comment

I have a very good friend who has nerve damage in his middle finger all because he was hard headed, and shot bare fingers for probably 40 years. Now he can't shoot a bow with fingers for more'n one or two shots, and he is done.

I don't need, or even want to feel the string. All I want is to feel my anchor point. The string is gonna be where it is supposed to be without me having to feel it.

I've used just about every glove, and tab that can be had, and for me the saunders pack tab works best of all.

Most folks use a tab that is way to big, and it causes them to float their anchor around.

This is a large, that has been cut down to where I want it. I can feel my anchor point with my finger tips, but the string never touches them. Heck, I don't even get callouses no matter how much I shoot.

A couple other good things about these tabs is, the more you use them the slicker they get, and weather has no effect on them.

Rick
                            Attached Files

Comment

I think Arvin made my tab out of one of his old teepee creepers.

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                                I have a very good friend who has nerve damage in his middle finger all because he was hard headed, and shot bare fingers for probably 40 years. Now he can't shoot a bow with fingers for more'n one or two shots, and he is done.

I don't need, or even want to feel the string. All I want is to feel my anchor point. The string is gonna be where it is supposed to be without me having to feel it.

I've used just about every glove, and tab that can be had, and for me the saunders pack tab works best of all.

Most folks use a tab that is way to big, and it causes them to float their anchor around.

This is a large, that has been cut down to where I want it. I can feel my anchor point with my finger tips, but the string never touches them. Heck, I don't even get callouses no matter how much I shoot.

A couple other good things about these tabs is, the more you use them the slicker they get, and weather has no effect on them.

Rick
                                Rick is right again!!!! My tabs, like his look like they're about an inch or two to short. Patrick you will see what too much stress on fingers looks like when we meet!!! Do all you can to keep the uncle arthritis down!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X