No announcement yet.

Correct to Kill (finally got pic up)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand where you are coming from. Explain the fangs.

Comment

I bet he has round pupils.

Comment

I will probably be bashed for this but great job on killing the snake... I know it would be dead if I found it near my house. I know there are some very knowledgeable people on TBH when it comes to snakes but in this case why even take a chance if you are not sure

Comment

Cottonmouth

Comment

A dead snake is the only good snake in my book.

Comment

Water snake

Comment

Leasson learned with ya'll. Witness testifying physical attributes does not qualify. Next time there will be a hundred more pictures, toxicology report, and an autopsy.

Comment

Okay I finally got my pics to work. Can you see the difference?

Comment

That is a Diamondbacked Watersnake (Nerodia rhombifer rhombifer). In regards to the teeth on this snake, they are large recurved teeth designed for catching fish. Compared to most terrestrial snakes, they are much larger, and to the lay person may appear to be fangs.

My worst snakebites have been from this species! Though non-venomous, their large teeth can leave a mark!
                    Last edited by SnakeID; 04-22-2014, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MeatEater View Post
                      A dead snake is the only good snake in my book.
                      Winner ^^^^^^^^

Comment

I'm just trying to help you out. I have a buddy that does the same thing. I have told him the difference 100 times and he still argues with me.

Comment

I don't care that you killed it. Kill them all as far as I'm concerned. It's just not a cottonmouth.

Comment

I see all of your pics, have searched where you are coming from and I understand you statements.

I've learned this...next time I'll take more pics. If I had only one pic of his open mouth for you, we would not be so deep in the debate.

I see what and why you believe this. Next time, there will be more pics than TBH wants to load.

Comment

could be teeth. looks like the water snakes always had in my backyard
                              Last edited by BigRed323; 04-22-2014, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                                I see all of your pics, have searched where you are coming from and I understand you statements.

I've learned this...next time I'll take more pics. If I had only one pic of his open mouth for you, we would not be so deep in the debate.

I see what and why you believe this. Next time, there will be more pics than TBH wants to load.
                                Not to be rude but the picture you posted shows perfectly what kind of snake it is without a shadow of a doubt. The snakes ROUND pupils are glowing in the flash of the camera, the scales around the mouth show the difference also.

Comment

Working...
                                X