No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it’s pretty clear I really like Rye whiskey. So I had to grab this guy. Talk about favor and complexity. Wow! This is may be the first I have ever tried that drank up! Ie. You would swear it was a barrel proof, but it’s only 92 proof. This one certainly isn’t for the faint of heart, but if you like a big Rye with piles of flavors, it doesn’t disappoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
      I think it’s pretty clear I really like Rye whiskey. So I had to grab this guy. Talk about favor and complexity. Wow! This is may be the first I have ever tried that drank up! Ie. You would swear it was a barrel proof, but it’s only 92 proof. This one certainly isn’t for the faint of heart, but if you like a big Rye with piles of flavors, it doesn’t disappoint.

I’ve contemplated grabbing the 10yr. I see it and the Lock Stock and Barrel 13 often.

Tonight it’s mixing time. I’ve realized mixing in the yeti a 1.75 makes 12 solid drinks haha

Comment

Coke and WR?? Wow....

Comment

Had to pull some stuff to make some room, so snapped a quick pic. I’d say this is about 60% of the goods. Running out of room quick.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
            I’ve contemplated grabbing the 10yr. I see it and the Lock Stock and Barrel 13 often.

Tonight it’s mixing time. I’ve realized mixing in the yeti a 1.75 makes 12 solid drinks haha
            The 10yo Specs pick is legit. Get it. Rumor is the LS&B is over rated, but I haven’t tried it.

Comment

Had to pull some stuff to make some room, so snapped a quick pic. I’d say this is about 60% of the goods. Running out of room quick.

You have a better selection than most bars. That’s one hell of a collection!

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                Coke and WR?? Wow....

Not that great on its own but mixes really well

Comment

Originally posted by Williams4298 View Post
                  You have a better selection than most bars. That’s one hell of a collection!
                  Thanks. It’s a lot of work to find the allocated stuff. Lot’s of driving and looking.

Comment

Anybody tried the High West Prairie Bourbon? Wanting to find a smaller (375ml) bottle for a kayak trip, and noticed all of the High West in 375ml bottles. Needs to be smooth enough to drink neat at room temp.
                    Last edited by outlook8; 04-18-2018, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                      Anybody tried the High West Prairie Bourbon? Wanting to find a smaller (375ml) bottle for a kayak trip, and noticed all of the High West in 375ml bottles. Needs to be smooth enough to drink neat at room temp.
                      It’s only OK, and I’m a High West fan.

Comment

375ml of Eagle Rare would be a better choice, IMO.

Comment

375ml of Eagle Rare would be a better choice, IMO.
                          Good call! I'll have to see if I can track one down.

Comment

I know where some are if your interested.

Comment

Thanks. It’s a lot of work to find the allocated stuff. Lot’s of driving and looking.
                              I bet! I have two bottles of weller 12 and I’m scared to open them lol

Comment

I may know a guy. LoL. Let me know if you can’t find any, I have a few at home.

Comment

Working...
                                X