Anything on open carry today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything on open carry today??

Anyone know of any action, or lack of action today? I heard last week it might be talked about today...

I read somewhere that it was put back to the senate, ready for the vote. But haven't heard anything definitive

Comment

Passed out of senate committee today for full senate vote. But it is a substitute bill. They stripped out the "Leo can't check you just because they wanna" amendment. After it passes the full senate vote which it will easily, it has to go back to the house for from what I understand an up or down vote.

Strauss can't stop or delay this vote in the house so it will at least get a vote.

Comment

Well they will get that amendment fixed on a later session just like they did with some of the CHL details.

Comment

Mike D hit the nail on the head.

Passed out of the senate committee sans amendment 3 (cop block). It'll be headed to the senate floor shortly where hopefully it passes like SB17 did with no further amendments. Then it'll go back to the house for a concurance vote which cant be blocked by Strauss and there is no debate. Just a yay/nay vote. If all goes well, it'll then be headed to abbot. Even if the senate amends the bill, as long as the author (rep Phillips) approves the amendment, then the house will vote yay/nay with no chance for debate.

Keep your fingers crossed and anyone who supports this should be blowing up your reps phone and in box!

Comment

It needs no LEO interaction for ID. If I'm not breaking a law they don't need to ask for ID...

Comment

But you have those beady little eyes . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                It needs no LEO interaction for ID. If I'm not breaking a law they don't need to ask for ID...
                ^^^^^We are guilty until proven innocent is b.s. if a person carries illegally, Im betting he won't carry open.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
                  ^^^^^We are guilty until proven innocent is b.s. if a person carries illegally, Im betting he won't carry open.
                  yep

Comment

any current word an anything OC??

Comment

edit

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterchris View Post
                        This is a legislation question, not a firearm question...

Comment

Being debated now!

Comment

5 amendments tabled so far.

Comment

Working...
                            X