Stained Pan Remedies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that a Le Creuset?

My mother in law managed to burn the bottom out of Le Crueset. Now that take talent.

Comment

boil some oxiclean

Comment

Originally posted by Ride_Klein View Post
        Fill with jambalaya. No more stain.

Alternatively, a stainless steel wool scrubber and baking soda paste will have her shiny as a new Buick
        I'll give it try.

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
        Don't be using momma's pots to do your oil changes!
        Thank God I'm in the clear on this one. Screaming little girls distracted mommy. Luckily it was just a little smoke and stain

Originally posted by K-Train View Post
        Had one exactly like that the other day I had burnt some olive oil in. I Put some dawn soap and water in it and boiled it on the stove for a while. Let it soak In hot soapy water and then scrubbed the mess out of it with a scotchbrite pad. Took a while but she’s good now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
        my wife says when that happens..........a layer of baking soda to cover the stain, a layer of sea salt on top of that, add a couple splashes of vinegar then scrub with a normal everyday dish sponge.
        Sounds like a good plan.

Originally posted by Radar View Post
        I seen that same one at Walmart, but it was all purty and shiny.
        I wish it was a Walmart brand.

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
        I'l take "Things my wife would never know or do," for $100 Alex...
        I'm glad I was not at fault on this one

Originally posted by wal1809 View Post
        Try soaking in vinegar first.
        We tried vinegar. No luck.

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
        Is that 10w-30 motor oil or vegetable cooking oil ?

If the latter, follow the suggestions above. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it as that's burnt in flavor
        15w-40 Delo to be exact Actually some pecan oil. I tried to tell her it will fade as we use it. Her answer was to buy a new one and take this one to deer camp. Too expensive and fancy for deer camp.

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
        Is that a Le Creuset?

My mother in law managed to burn the bottom out of Le Crueset. Now that take talent.
        Yep! My wife loves Le Creuset. Our kitchen is full of it. Made gift shopping easy for the past 4 years.

Comment

Get in touch with Le Creuset, they have some type of warranty on them I think.

Comment

Take the pan and put it in a garbage bag with some ammonia. Just the fumes will do it Let it soak over night. Take it out and scrub it. It will come off clean as a whistle. It's how I clean my burners

Comment

Originally posted by texsdr View Post
              Barkeepers Friend.

[ATTACH]927236[/ATTACH]
              ^^^^^^ This!!!

Comment

Originally posted by texsdr View Post
                barkeepers friend.

[ATTACH]927236[/ATTACH]
                this!

Dry pan, put the powder on it and use a damp (almost dry) soft rag, it will polish it. Make it into a thick paste like tooth paste and scrub.
                That is what you are supposed to use to polish ceramic coated cast iron. There is a liquid version too that works but I like the dry better

Comment

Oh hell! The stains didn’t hurt it[emoji51]

Smothered chopped axis steak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Bar keepers friend

Comment

Originally posted by lilbradford View Post
                      Bar keepers friend

It got some of it off but not all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                        It got some of it off but not all of it.

I’d give it a good soak. 24 hours with some dawn and hot hot water. Or attempt to boil some water in it and see if it breaks loose

Comment

Bring a few cups of water to a boil then add 2 tablespoons of baking soda. Let it simmer for a few minutes and scrape with a plastic scraper or a wooden spoon. Rinse with hot water.

Being enameled cast iron, you don't want to use too abrasive of a cleaner.

Comment

Forget all of that! You will scratch it and make it worse for the next time you use it.

Fill it with water, put in some dish soap, put it on the burner and boil it until the bubbles start to run over. Take it off the heat. Wait about 10 minutes, carefully dump the water and wipe away the spots.

I do this all of the time, especially when I saute' onions and pan fry meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                              Forget all of that! You will scratch it and make it worse for the next time you use it.

Fill it with water, put in some dish soap, put it on the burner and boil it until the bubbles start to run over. Take it off the heat. Wait about 10 minutes, carefully dump the water and wipe away the spots.

I do this all of the time, especially when I saute' onions and pan fry meat.

Yup, easy peasy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hot water in pan, lay a dryer sheet in the water, let sit overnight. Wipe or lightly scrub out in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X