Question for Toyota owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Toyota owners

Hey fellas. Would y’all replace shocks and struts on a 2008 Toyota with 201,000 miles? How many more miles do you think I can get out of Leonitis?

My back shocks gave out on me at about 175K, but I had an after market 4.5” BDS lift. I haven’t replaced anything else and I’m at 204K on a 2010 tundra

Comment

I got over 300k on mine.....but I didn't haul or pull anything.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you stayed on the oil in the vehicle with frequent changes when it called for. You should be able to get anothe 200k or more out of that vehicle. Yes, I would say it is worth spending the dough on the upgrade. It will feel like a new vehicle after you do. Do tires and alignment also. Toyotas make great vehicles if you do your part and maintain them.

Comment

it depends if your towing the space shuttle or hauling bed loads of kern

Comment

Yes I would replace them. I have a 2012 Tundra with 136000+ on it. I just put new struts and shocks on it. I could definitely tell a difference in the ride in my case. I rarely pull anything.

Comment

I would. Ride will be better.

Comment

I just replaced the front and back on my 2013 tundra at 196k. Wasn’t totally needed but it rides better when I hook my boat up to it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a 2006 Tundra that I had to get rid of in 2017. I bought it with 30,000 miles in it and put 200,000 miles on it myself. I never touched the shocks or struts.

Comment

I’m at a 155k on my 2010 tundra that is leveled. Stock shocks and struts are still fine. I plan on running them as long as possible. When they finally do need changed I’ll be going with Bilstein 5100s.

Comment

I am at 245k on my 2006 Tundra. I replaced the front shocks with some ride height adjustable bilstein 5100s. But, prior to having these on this truck, I had them on a 2001 Tundra that was involved in an accident, and totaled. So, I have bilstein 5100s on the front of my DC 2006 Tundra, and stock on the rear, and it still rides nice. Could probably replace the back bilsteins that came with the truck, but not super concerned with that at the moment. It rides fine.

Comment

The Toyota shocks took you to 200k.

Buy Toyota and keep driving..................

Comment

Yep at least the fronts it will save the front end ball joints and other wearables.

Comment

Ok. Preciate it fellas. And yes pic I have kept up with all oil changes religiously and will be replacing shocks and struts. Thanks to all contributors!

Comment

So Bilstiens are a type of strut?

Comment

Working...
                              X