No announcement yet.

2 Houston officers shot - 1 deceased

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The murder rate is only up 38% in the great city of Houston. Just something to think about if you vote.

Comment

Originally posted by climatecrisis View Post
      The murder rate is only up 38% in the great city of Houston. Just something to think about if you vote.
      Its about 36% in the unincorporated areas of the county. Last week we were at end of year numbers and we've had at least 2 more killings since I was given those numbers

Comment

Such a sad event. Prayers for his family. And those who have been close to these types of situations.

I think during this time acts against those who protect us like this should receive an increased punishment than ever before. And just like covid "contact tracing", this should be done to find those in the court process responsible for letting trash like this stay free and in our country.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
          Felony crimes since 1996, seems like he fell through a crack in the system. And giving him his gun and ammo back 2 days earlier, Ogg needs to resign.
          Charges should be filed on the person who let that happen. I guess police lives don't matter.

Houston is overran with illegals.

Comment

Originally posted by EZ-10RANCH View Post
            Well written article. The article said that the scumbag killer is a felon and had a gun in a safe. I thought felons could not carry or own a gun?? Am I wrong?
            He's an illegal alien so it doesn't matter if he was a felon or not as he isn't allowed to own a firearm to begin with.

Comment

Boss Ogg should be thrown out of office, investigated to find out if she actually has any economic ties to any of the perps she's turned out. She needs to be in the court system herself but on the other side of the bench as a defendant! She is the lowest form of scum of a human being. Short of repentance, she will have a special place in Hell to pay for her deeds.

Comment

Seems to me that the Ogg or whoever made the decision to release him and return his gun broke the law about felons possessing firearms and should be prosecuted.

Comment

Tap the brakes.

According to this Fox 26 story an Assistant DA is saying that the suspect was not charged because Ofc. Waller (the second Officer who was shot and injured) told them more than once that he did not believe the suspect had committed any crime. If that statement proves to be untrue then that ADA needs to be punished severely.

The Fox26 story also states "Police apparently saw no gun when they were at the apartment on Sunday". This is not consistent with insinuation in the "Montgomery County Police Reporter" story that the gun was returned to the suspect ("Kim Ogg put the gun in his hand.")

This raised questions in my mind about the original source story cited by the OP. If you search the name of that site, you will find their Facebook page that describes the operation. It appears to be an amateur journalist internet blog run by a husband/wife team.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Boss Ogg should be thrown out of office, investigated to find out if she actually has any economic ties to any of the perps she's turned out. She needs to be in the court system herself but on the other side of the bench as a defendant! She is the lowest form of scum of a human being. Short of repentance, she will have a special place in Hell to pay for her deeds.
                    And include the POS poice chief too. All believe in sanctuary city. We need some good rope & the trees at city hall.

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac View Post
                      https://www.fox26houston.com/news/wh...dy-behind-bars

According to this Fox 26 story an Assistant DA is saying that the suspect was not charged because Ofc. Waller (the second Officer who was shot and injured) told them more than once that he did not believe the suspect had committed any crime. If that statement proves to be untrue then that ADA needs to be punished severely.

The Fox26 story also states "Police apparently saw no gun when they were at the apartment on Sunday". This is not consistent with insinuation in the "Montgomery County Police Reporter" story that the gun was returned to the suspect ("Kim Ogg put the gun in his hand.")

This raised questions in my mind about the original source story cited by the OP. If you search the name of that site, you will find their Facebook page that describes the operation. It appears to be an amateur journalist internet blog run by a husband/wife team.
                      We'll probably never know. The phone calls made to the DA are not recorded and.....

They ask officers to turn off body and dash cams while on the phone.

I'm pretty sure there is beef between moco and ogg. Scott engle is a good dude in my mind. And Brett ligon will get my vote as long as he runs. His people dont play with criminals

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Quackerbox; 10-21-2020, 05:00 PM.

Comment

I didn’t know Sergeant Preston.

I think that I know this though...

It is tragic if an officer dies in the line of duty whether it is the first day on the job or one late in his/her career.

However....

Sergeant Preston laid it all out there for 41 years. I believe he had put his retirement papers in for the end of this year.

He likely could have burned his vacation or simply called in sick for his last 10 weeks or so. Sergeant Preston chose not to do that but to strap a gun to his hip and finish out what he started so long ago.

It is a young man’s job but at 65 years old and a supervisor, Sergeant Preston once again, as he had done literally more than 75,000 times in his career, answered a call, made a pedestrian stop or traffic stop, or checked out something suspicious knowing that it might be his last.

How many lives has he saved? How many thousands of people has he helped? We will never know and although it is an unbelievable tragic end, he did it right.

RIP my brother.

Comment

I thought heard Michael berry say the perp was here illegally since 1989 and we knew he was a dangerous guy then. This is more than a shame when it comes to our system, it’s accessory to murder in my opinion and that’s how those directly involved with the guy still being here should be prosecuted.
                          The folks running “sanctuary” cities should be required to have skin in the game, if an illegal murders someone then they should be held as accessories to the crime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            We'll probably never know. The phone calls made to the DA are not recorded and.....

They ask officers to turn off body and dash cams while on the phone.

I'm pretty sure there is beef between moco and ogg. Scott engle is a good dude in my mind. And Brett ligon will get my vote as long as he runs. His people dont play with criminals

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                            I’m pretty sure there is beef as well. I’ve worked with them in the past and you are right, Moco DAs office does not mess around. It’s a long shot but I sure hope Huffman could pull it off. Her mind is in the right place.

There is a reason Task Force Officers try and play in counties surrounding Harris County.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post

There is a reason Task Force Officers try and play in counties surrounding Harris County.
                              And set up meets just over the river, creek or line from Oggs place...

Hypothetically speaking of course

When Darren Goforths killer decided to pled guilty guess who was late to the party? She was. Meanwhile Brett Ligon who was going to prosecute the case was there early and met with Darrens wife. Ligon spoke with the media while several members of LE huddled around him. When Mrs. Kim finally showed up, she may or may not have been allowed to get close to a camera while Mr. Ligon spoke. I was glad to see the media pack up before she could speak
                              Last edited by Quackerbox; 10-22-2020, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X