No announcement yet.

Rip Eddie Van Halen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started on Tennessee Ernie ford, went to Righteous Brothers, Elvis of course, Jimi Hendrix, Credence, Stevie Ray, Buddy Guy and continues to today with many such as Kenny Wayne Shepherd. I am old and jamb loud on Fender and Gibson. Not very good but kills the bugs in the house and gives neighbors more to complain about. Sad to See Van Halen news. Lots of losses this year. Hope Pretty Woman is with him. Sorry Roy.

Comment

They say it comes in 3's
      Mac Davis, Helen Reddy and Eddie Van Halen.
      I knew he was a smoker and I keep thinking about the angel like kid on the cover of 1984 with the cigarette.
      RIP Eddie.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
        And Kanye lives on. Don’t get it
        Ain't that the truth!

Comment

Smoked my first joint listening to him. Running with the devil

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Oh man. I hate to hear that. VH was one of my favorites growing up.
            Same here. 2020 will go down as the worst years ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
              If anyone has an Ed story, I’d appreciate hearing it.
              Little known fact is, Van Halen’s reasoning for playing Houston (Texas) so much, was because Eddie & Alex’s Aunt & Uncle lived here (Memorial).
              It’s also why they would play multiple cities in Texas at both the beginning & end of each tour; so to not be away from family for so long.

Buddy of mine was close to the Aunt & Uncle. I forget what they called the brothers, but Aunt/Uncle didn’t refer to them as Eddie & Alex, but rather by some Dutch nicknames.

Eddie & Valerie were said to be very down to earth & very gracious people.

RIP EVH

Comment

RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Eddie was a great guitarist, probably one of the top three of our time, maybe the best. Then what I was told years ago, is he owned Peavey, who sells amps and guitars, which are some of the best. Then I was told he started Pioneer, which makes engine parts, and high performance engine parts, in Mississippi. A buddy of mine used to live near the Pioneer plant and was told that.

I have been a Van Halen fan since I was in Jr. high, back in the early 80s. Never get tired of listening to their music. I have heard for years, that Eddie had lots of problems, mainly with his hips, I think as a result of jumping off of things on stage.

He was not just a great guitarist, he was just a great person. Dang good at making money.

Comment

RIP brother

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                      2020 has been brutal to musicians

Neil Peart
                      Ray Parker
                      Bill Rieflin
                      Little Richard
                      John Prine
                      Kenny Rogers
                      Charlie Daniels
                      Peter Green
                      Steve Holland
                      Frankie Banali
                      Justin Townes Earl
                      Toots Hibbert
                      Lee Kerslake
                      Benny Mardones
                      Bill Withers
                      Mac Davis
                      Helen Reddy
                      ... just to name a few

meanwhile, Keith Richards celebrates his 134th birthday next month. Dude ain't never gonna die
                      Ok, that last part is funny Sheet! Don't know how he or Mick have lived through all of the drugs they have consumed. Maybe they are supercharged for all of eternity, after what they have consumed.

Comment

Never noticed before, but he had 5150 on that guitar. I grew up near Port A. So cruising the beach, with the top off of my 78 Bronco and listening to Van Halen, was done often.

Comment

HUGE Van Halen fan here and it's a sad day...Eddie was an awesome musician and every Van Halen song I hear brings back great memories. He's the reason I started playing guitar. He will be missed by all of us rock music fans! (and David Lee Roth was the better frontman[emoji16], just sayin) RIP Eddie

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

This was the worst news. Van Halen is and has been my favorite band ever since I heard the Fair Warning album. For an 80’s kid they were the soundtrack to my youth. Saw them about a dozen times from ‘84 - ‘15. The shows in ‘04 and ‘08 weren’t great, but good. But the lst two tours in 2012 and 2015 had moments, especially Eddie’s solo, which brought tears to my eyes...

Comment

Watched Eddie lay em down at the Texxas Jam back in the 70's. The man was a guitar genius.

RIP Eddie.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                                Ed’s was the ultimate American immigrant success story.

He is the greatest rhythm guitarist ever, period.
                                He has the most iconic guitar on the planet.
                                His tone hasn’t been duplicated in 40 years and most attempts at trying to replicate his sound is meh at best.
                                He was the ultimate mad scientist tinkerer with guitars and amplification.
                                There are countless Internet forum discussions on how he achieved his tone.

Music Maker, Peavey and Fender EVH Wolfgangs are as fine of production guitars as are available. The American Wolfgang’s are made in Corona by Fender’s Custom ship luthiers. They are bad *** guitars.
                                His 5150 Peavey amps are regarded as the pinnacle of heavy metal amps.
                                His Fender 5150 III line are probably the most popular metal amps available today.

The man revolutionized rock and roll guitar arguably as much as Hendrix and his tone is as legendary and as difficult to achieve as Stevie Ray’s.
                                When his library of music is combined with his contributions to guitar and amplification, I’m totally comfortable saying Ed was the man.

I’ll miss him terribly.
                                If anyone has an Ed story, I’d appreciate hearing it.

RIP Ed.
                                ^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X