Need some old or used pine flooring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some old or used pine flooring

Doing a cabin build but I am having a hard time finding pine flooring. Does anyone here have a source for engineered or reclaimed pine flooring? I really don't want to go the laminate or vinyl route. I am also not spending a rediculous amount for pine flooring. I need 1300sq.ft. and I want to keep the cost under $5/ft. max. I don't want new wood as it can be unstable and it will not look right for what I am building.

Thanks in advance

I did a floor in my office using new 1x8 Pine Ship-Lap. I liquid nailed every board and then face-screwed to the sub-floor. Turned out very solid and pretty rustic for new flooring. A few coats of sealer and it has held up well. Less than $2/sf.

Comment

Is there an old bowling alley or rollerskate rink that is closed?

Comment

Lumber Liquidators carry a lot of wood flooring, not sure about pine

Comment

Search Craigslist in south Louisiana. A guy outside of sulphur LA cut mine for my house. He can fix you up but will be newly cut boards

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I will try the shiplap route and the Sulpher route.

Comment

I have some nice stable blue pine that was harvested after the Little Bear fire. I can make whatever cut widths you need. I can make you a really good deal under your price point. The catch would be you would have to pick it up In Ruidoso.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure how far you are willing to travel, but if Salado is not too far you might want to call the Wood Buzzard. They are likely to have what you are looking for. He dismantles houses all over Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                  Thanks for the replies. I will try the shiplap route and the Sulpher route.

I would not want the gap that comes with shiplap, that's where dirt and debis will go. Just my $.02 though.

Comment

I bought the old flooring that I used in the bed rooms of my house from a place in Elgin that dismantles old houses. If you go this route, I have a word of advise. Make sure it all came out of the same house. The boards I bought were very slightly different widths. That would have left large gaps between the board in any given run. I had to sort through all the boards and separate the different widths and use only one width in a run. Very time consuming but the old long leaf pine does look great.

Comment

There’s a business in the tiny Ellis County town of Forreston that you might could get the reclaimed flooring from. It’s just south of Waxahachie. I realize that’s not near your location, but it was just a thought. I can’t remember the business name off hand. He dismantles buildings and repurposes the wood.

Comment

+I have some tongue and groove pine flooring that I took out of an old house I demolished. I used it in my Man Room. Not sure how much I have. I will take a check on it and get back with you.
                        Where in East Texas are you.
                        Tom

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman12 View Post
                          I did a floor in my office using new 1x8 Pine Ship-Lap. I liquid nailed every board and then face-screwed to the sub-floor. Turned out very solid and pretty rustic for new flooring. A few coats of sealer and it has held up well. Less than $2/sf.

Any pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X