Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grave Digger Broadheads. (Hybrid Broadhead)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grave Digger Broadheads. (Hybrid Broadhead)

Mudslinger turned me on to these. I like em. 1 inch COC main fixed blade coupled with a 1-3/4 inch mech. Check em out. Let the IMO's begin!!! Lets hear some feedback.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338994672.710179.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	24902872

Looks like they may be on to something.

What weight do they come in? I couldn't find it on the site.

Comment

100 Kev. Google it.

Comment

The Broadhead Technology
        The technology of the Grave Digger is a blend of old and new.

The Old technology is in the design of the Grave Digger in the closed position. In the closed position the Grave Digger is a 1" cut on contact 2 blade broadhead with 1/2 “ bleeders. This design goes back to the Bear razor head in its simplicity but effectiveness. There are many broadheads on the market today with this simple design that fly great out of todays high speed bows but lack the cutting diameter that todays hunter want. The 1” main blade is a small blade from front to back but still maintains a 2 to 1 blade angle due to the double grind on the blade. Most small fixed blade broadheads have a 1.5 to 1 and some even have a 1 to 1 blade angle. This creates a flatter blade angle resulting in less penetration. ( like pushing a blade of a knife down through a piece of meat instead of slicing it )
        The kickout blade design and retention system is new design.

The blades are curved for a few reasons: First is that they penetrate better with there being less friction on the blade. When you see the Grave Digger in the closed position the tip of the blade on the right side is actually the left blade and visa versa. This achieves 3 things:
        ****1) The mass of the blade is on the opposite side of the screw pin than the tip. What this does is at the initial shot from the bow the blades are seated or pushed back into the bottom of the ferrule so they are not forced open as with most mechanical.
        ****2) The tip of the blade that is exposed acts as a leverage point when the blade contacts the animal, which creates less energy to open the blades, thus retaining more of the KE of the arrow. Resulting in better penetration.
        ****3) Being that the blades cross each other, gives the opportunity to use the retention system.
        The Grave Digger kickout blades are sharpened to the tip so they cut on impact unlike other mechanicals.

The reason other mechanicals have blunt ends is to trigger the opening of the blades. As stated above the Grave Digger blade design needs less energy to open do to the pivot point, so the blades can be sharp not blunt. This is especially important on thick hided animals such as elk, moose and larger game. The kickout blades on the Grave Digger are cutting through the hide as they open resulting in better penetration. They will also cut bone on the way in the animal.
        Grave Digger blade retention.

The blade retention system on the Grave Digger is simple in design with no rubber bands, O-rings or clips to hold them in place. Each blade has been dented to create a bump on the opposite side of the blade. When in place the bumps face each other. When closing the kickout blades these bumps cross each other and create a stable unchanging holding system. You can adjust the tension on the blades to your own likes by just tightening or loosening the screw pin that holds them in place. This gives the hunter that is shooting through ground blind mesh the opportunity to tighten the screw pin a little to assure the blades don’t open on the mesh but do on the animal. The hunter can also adjust the blades looser if they are shooting low poundage and want to have the blades open easier.

Comment

Dang. Even the opening pressure is adjustable.

Comment

This is a broadhead that has a lot of what is best in a lot of heads. COC with a thick main blade plus the addition of "bleeder blades" that expand to an 1 3/4" cut. Even if the blades do not open, you still have a 4 blade cut. The blade retention system without the bands or such could be the biggest selling point along with, "even if they do not open you still have a 1" cut along with the other 2 blades". Just might have to try these little buggers out! Also looks like a very well built and sturdy head.

Comment

Dang! I just ordered some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Looks like they have some great potential. I may have to try some out next year if reviews are good!

Comment

Originally posted by SabineRR View Post
                  Looks like they have some great potential. I may have to try some out next year if reviews are good!
                  Orderin now!!! Dangit!!!!

Comment

These look sweet! I want some feedback though on how they perform before i purchase anything!

Comment

Originally posted by milkcow View Post
                      These look sweet! I want some feedback though on how they perform before i purchase anything!
                      Just buy two packs!!! We'll compare in october. I dont hunt far from u!!!

Comment

I also just found out via Mudslinger that a Chisel Tip 125 will be coming out.

Comment

Rage all the way lol

Comment

Who endorses these? I don't know if I could trust something if its not endorsed by either a caveman or Hank Parker telling me how great it is....I kid. I may have to order some of these and see how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by stickinpigs View Post
                              Rage all the way lol
                              All the way to CRUNCh!!! It EXPLODED!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X