No announcement yet.

Toilet leak help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kohler calls the flush canister on their Cimarrons the "AquaPiston." They do not take a standard flapper, but a gasket on the bottom. They were red from the factory and have recently changed to yellow (supposed to be more chemical resistant.) It sounds like one of 2 things are happening: 1. either the seal is bad (when you change it, run your finger around the seat to remove and verify that there isn't any of the old gasket left behind) or 2. Their is trash in the fill valve diaphragm (even if it is brand new, debris from your angle stop can get under it and cause it to stay open.

Comment

I did just replace the seal on the canister.. The hissing is coming from the fluid master float.. I did see a few holes at the upper part of the float on the stem.. That's where the sounds are coming from any ideas?

Comment

silly putty!

Comment

Sorry I can't help you. There's only 2 things I know about plumbing.

Comment

Turn stop off, Pop the top off of the fill valve, lift up tabs, about 1/8 turn counter clockwise and the diaphragm pops off the top. Barely crack the stop open to flush any debris out. Or, you can turn the stop off, lift the snap lock up, pull the entire head unit and do the same thing under running water at the lavatory. If the fill valve and gasket are new and the water level is correct, this is about all that is left. I have never had a bad Fluidmaster fresh from the box.

Comment

Working...
            X