No announcement yet.

Great find/buy Vintage Coleman two burner stove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got started restoring my parents old stove from the '60's. It took a beating over the years, but I'll get it going again.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	stove1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	24346868

Name:	stove2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	24346869

Name:	stove3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	24346870

Name:	stove4.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	24346871

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
      Take a trip to first Monday Canton, outside area, Coleman heaven.
      Yep they have them out there but some are real real proud of them.

Comment

Timm

If you need another stove or some lanterns let me know. I have several that was sent back to me by my parents. The few times we camped I remember the stove and lanterns both being used. I know they take the Coleman fuel on all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
          Most of my really good outdoor memories include something with the Coleman brand in them. I have two stoves and a lantern. The lantern blew off the car top rack on the way to a campout. I straightened out the top and put new glass in it and it works just fine. Boy I was p.o.ed when that happened. I treasure my camping gear and like to take care of it.

My stoves are pretty nasty from grease splatter. Anyone know a good trick for removing thirty year old gummed up grease?

I also have an older, light green Coleman heater. I've only had it about thirty five years and only messed with it a little bit and remember that I wasn't happy with it. That was pre Google days so maybe I can dig up some information on it now.

This thread brings back so many memories...now I am thinking of the old green and white steel clad ice chest that served the family from the time that I was about six until well after my own kids were that age.
          Tear it down just like Randy has done in the pictures above. Take it to the carwash and clean it up. Tape off the top of the burners real good or just clean the burner assembly with water and a wire brush. You don't want to get water down in the burner assembly. You may loose some paint. You can sand down and either repaint with spray paint or have it powder coated if you want to do a full re-hab.

Here is a 1976 model 413G that I have been refinishing. I have taken some dents out of the case, cleaned it up and sanded it. Its ready for paint. This stove burns great and I have cooked a lot on it at the lease. I just thought it deserved to look new again. It is sitting on top of a vintage Thermos ice chest which is a lot "cooler" than any Yeti.

Last edited by Arrowsmith; 11-22-2014, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
            Timm

If you need another stove or some lanterns let me know. I have several that was sent back to me by my parents. The few times we camped I remember the stove and lanterns both being used. I know they take the Coleman fuel on all of them.

I need another lantern for sure and quite possibly another stove.
            Last edited by 2050z; 11-22-2014, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
              I've got started restoring my parents old stove from the '60's. It took a beating over the years, but I'll get it going again.
              [ATTACH]672539[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]672540[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]672541[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]672542[/ATTACH]
              Randy. That 3 burner is a cool stove. I am pretty sure that is a 426D. Notice how the grates have a round grate piece in the middle. Look at my 418G has the same grate. These were "sister" models. As far as I know these were the only two models that had this type of grate.

If anyone out there has a Coleman 3 burner buried in their garage or storage shed let me know. I been looking for one.

Comment

I will have to clean my stoves up that way. One for sure needs paint as it has been in a grease fire.

I found the instructions online for the Coleman heater. Works like a champ now that I know how it works. I think that I was trying to make it work with the snuffer on it.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                  I will have to clean my stoves up that way. One for sure needs paint as it has been in a grease fire.

I found the instructions online for the Coleman heater. Works like a champ now that I know how it works. I think that I was trying to make it work with the snuffer on it.
                  After you get your stove cleaned up line it the inside with aluminum foil and it will make clean up after cooking easy.

Comment

Mike,

I checked the date on my other stove and it's 93 model.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                      Randy. That 3 burner is a cool stove. I am pretty sure that is a 426D. Notice how the grates have a round grate piece in the middle. Look at my 418G has the same grate. These were "sister" models. As far as I know these were the only two models that had this type of grate.

If anyone out there has a Coleman 3 burner buried in their garage or storage shed let me know. I been looking for one.
                      Yeah, my mom cooked a many a meal on it. It's kind of on hold right now, but it give's me something to do this winter. I've got they're lantern too. It will be next.

Comment

Not a Coleman but also pretty old. Got this a a flea market for $10[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I need to find someone that can reproduce the lighting instructions decal. The Coleman site doesn't have the one I need.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                            I need to find someone that can reproduce the lighting instructions decal. The Coleman site doesn't have the one I need.
                            Talk to Cigar Mike on the Coleman Collectors site. I will bet he can get you one.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                              Talk to Cigar Mike on the Coleman Collectors site. I will bet he can get you one.
                              I'll check with him. Thanks Mike.

P.S.- You still can't have my stove.

Comment

Any body have one of these
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X