Need some opinions on this freak buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTN View Post
    One deer isn't going to make a difference. I like to shoot mature deer so I would give him some more time.
    +1

Comment

If you have that much of an operation going on your lease, let him go. Honestly, you have bad genes in your 1.5-2.5 year olds so one that is slightly older isn't going to change the gene pool any more than if one of them breeds a doe or two.

Comment

Pass him Ray. He's not older then 3 I'm leaving towards 2. A buck will make his biggest jump from 3 to 4 most cases. Wait and see what he does next year

Comment

Need some opinions on this freak buck

Originally posted by PHfactor View Post
          If you have that much of an operation going on your lease, let him go. Honestly, you have bad genes in your 1.5-2.5 year olds so one that is slightly older isn't going to change the gene pool any more than if one of them breeds a doe or two.

Dang!! Your a bad dude if you can tell our 1.5-2.5 deer have bad genes just with the 3 deer pictured. I agree we do have a few deer that are on the smaller side but overall not bad for a 45,000 acre low fence place thats not really managed properly due to ranch guidelines.

These two guys are 2.5 and I think there great deer.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440683857.099781.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	24400095
          The little dude on the left is probably what your referring to as bad genes.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440683866.698877.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	24400096

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Poco View Post
            Dang!! Your a bad dude if you can tell our 1.5-2.5 deer have bad genes just with the 3 deer pictured. I agree we do have a few deer that are on the smaller side but overall not bad for a 45,000 acre low fence place thats not really managed properly due to ranch guidelines.

[ATTACH]737661[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH]737662[/ATTACH]

Ray
            haha....PHFactor can you expound on what you are talking about? I just figured he knew you and knew your place...cant see how he could gather that much info if not.

Comment

Pass. That's the type of buck that could turn nasty with all that trash in a few years.

Comment

Pass. Young and freaky often times turns into old and freakier.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                  Pass. That's the type of buck that could turn nasty with all that trash in a few years.
                  this id let him get mature, just my thought, to each his own

Comment

Pass.....

Comment

Originally posted by UncleCharlie View Post
                      Pass. Young and freaky often times turns into old and freakier.
                      True, I know a buddy with one like that

Comment

Give him a pass

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                          I vote for another year maybe 2. Neat character!
                          Agree....

Comment

Why would you shoot him?
                            Immature deer with major NT potential.
                            On 45,000 acres, culling or leaving him will have zero effect on your herd.
                            He won't breed but a handful of doe anyway, if that.

Comment

Originally posted by Poco View Post

[ATTACH]737661[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH]737662[/ATTACH]

Ray
                              not putting words in his mouth i think he's saying that there are other bad gene deer around so having this one isn't going to dramatically change the herd. Not that his herd is bad but that its typcial to have younger bad gene deer that havent shown himself.

I think he walks. . . . I actually have a crazy looking deer from last year that would have been a cull but he threw a third beam. I'm curious what he'll look like this year.

Comment

Let him walk. Looks like he is gonna be a cool freak!

Comment

Working...
                                X