No announcement yet.

Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This might sound silly but I am going to go ahead and say it....... Does anyone have a porcupine problem? The past two years we have been covered up with porcupines and we can not seem to shoot them fast enough. We run hog dogs and it was not fun pulling out quills earlier in the year from three dogs so we have put a full court press on them.[/QUOTE]

We have a few that come around and are protein hogs when they show up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog40 View Post
      This might sound silly but I am going to go ahead and say it....... Does anyone have a porcupine problem? The past two years we have been covered up with porcupines and we can not seem to shoot them fast enough. We run hog dogs and it was not fun pulling out quills earlier in the year from three dogs so we have put a full court press on them.

We have a few that come around and are protein hogs when they show up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I'm off 377 right before you get into Rocksprings. We got ~2.5" of rain. I've only seen one Pork so keep them over with you please.

Comment

[/QUOTE]I'm off 377 right before you get into Rocksprings. We got ~2.5" of rain. I've only seen one Pork so keep them over with you please.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it seems that I missed the big rain cells that went through the area but I am fortunate for what I got.

Comment

I kill a few every year. They love protein and see them at salt/mineral licks as well. They are pretty slow and easy to kill. Drive to a protein feeder at night and club them in the head with a blunt object.

Comment

I'm 5 mile south on 55 and I can't shoot the porc's fast enough. I've got one every other weekend since may.

Comment

Edwards/Real Counties 2017/2018

I’ve seen a handful over the years but not enough to say they are even a common sighting. I did watch a porcupine last January about 70’ up a Pecan tree swaying in the wind and eating pecans; pretty cool.

Got back yesterday from a quick work trip building 3 new feeder pens and enlarging two existing pens. Looked nice and green out there (thankfully) and plenty of water still in some spots of the draws.

Checked my cams and was pleased with what I saw. I recognize several of the bull elk but am still trying to figure out who a few of them are.

My main target, Pinchers, is camera shy again this year. Of course he showed up for 15 minutes in daylight when my cam was fogged over. It looks like he shed his right side and not his left, hard to tell.

Pinchers last year

Red has gotten noticeably bigger from last year, he has shown up in June-September since 2016.

And the same two WT bucks I loosely targeted last year are running together again, this year with a tranny turkey.

It should be an exciting year!

Last edited by Patton; 08-20-2018, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Looks good Patton. I am jealous.

Comment

Dang, Patton. You're gonna really have to work to find something to shoot at this year, huh?

Awesome pics, man!

Comment

We shall see I have the OK from my Uncle to take an elk so that will certainly be the main focus. Hopefully a small guy doesn’t show up first because I’ll probably fling an arrow at the first one I can.

Comment

If your trigger finger is itchy, I hope the big one shows up first.

Comment

Awesome pics Patton!

Comment

Great pics Patton. Hope the elk slips up for you soon. Do they rut the same here as up North?

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                            Great pics Patton. Hope the elk slips up for you soon. Do they rut the same here as up North?

Thanks, I believe so

Comment

I am headed up to my lease this weekend and it looks like I will be playing in the rain. Looks like the county has gotten rain everyday last weekend and everyday this week so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                                I am headed up to my lease this weekend and it looks like I will be playing in the rain. Looks like the county has gotten rain everyday last weekend and everyday this week so far.
                                I'm heading up tomorrow myself to fill feeders and check on things. The rain should be fun to work in.

Comment

Working...
                                X