No announcement yet.

Extreme Heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit higher than I expected today, that’s for sure. I almost drug my son 3 miles back into the woods to help me prep a public land spot. I sure am glad I checked the forecast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cold front comes in Tuesday and it drops to 97....

Comment

Originally posted by Robertt View Post
        Left the lease in Atascosa county last week and the truck said 131. I don't think it was quite that hot but it was hot! When I was young and hung out at the beach I loved the heat. Now at 56 years old I love the cold weather. Give me 30 - 60 everyday and I would be a happy camper.
        I got overheated in the atascosa river bottom one summer day and realized I too crazy about deer hunting. My thermostat hasn’t been the same.

Comment

I've pretty much decided when the kids are in college we will migrate with the weather.

March, April and May will be in Austin.
          June, July and August will be in northern Colorado.
          September, October and November will be at the ranch.
          December, January and February will be in SPI.

Comment

This is what's sad. It's dark and still in the 90's
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2245.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	24546753

Comment

99 or 109. It’s all the same when you work outside all day. It’s hot, but better than working outside when it’s 30 degrees with a 25 mph north wind.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                99 or 109. It’s all the same when you work outside all day. It’s hot, but better than working outside when it’s 30 degrees with a 25 mph north wind.

As an iron worker, I disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post

As an ex diesel mechanic I also disagree.

The best time at work is when it was 20 degrees with a stiff north wind. Just layer up and it’s easy to stay warm. In the summer time though, once I get hot it takes a LONG time for me to stop sweating and to cool off again.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                    ...and I have a cousin getting married Saturday at 6pm in Spring Branch...OUT-FREAKING-SIDE.

Kind of hoping I get a stomach bug and cant go...

Share it with me please!! I told Amanda that the only suit I will be wearing is my swim suit!!

Comment

We live in Texas and it is summer time, it’s always hot haha I don’t understand why the weathermen and media are freaking out about it... I think it was about 4 years ago, around the San Antonio area we were over 100 consecutive days over 100 degrees.

Every summer is different, we just lucked out and had a mild summer with rain the last couple years and now it’s back to being the usual heat.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                        ...and I have a cousin getting married Saturday at 6pm in Spring Branch...OUT-FREAKING-SIDE.

Kind of hoping I get a stomach bug and cant go...
                        I got married on July 6th 2012 outside, but it was a 10 minute ceremony that started at about 8:25pm, most of our pictures were after dark so it wasn't that bad. Also, as soon as the ceremony was over we opened the bar and had a frozen slab of granite covered in fruit for everyone to cool off in the AC.

Comment

They said today and Sat will be hotter then Thur. Guess I’ll sit under my rock waterfall most of the day. Get out to pee and refill my yeti. Not a bad way to spend the day.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                            We live in Texas and it is summer time, it’s always hot haha I don’t understand why the weathermen and media are freaking out about it....
                            Because they know that SENSATIONALISM works. Everything is HUGE-MASSIVE-GARGANTUAN!!! PLAGUES-FIRES-STORMS-ATTACKING CHIHUAHUAS!!!

everything is HUGE and MASSIVE!!! Hahaha

Just remember...... HUGE........ and....MASSIVE.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                              We live in Texas and it is summer time, it’s always hot haha I don’t understand why the weathermen and media are freaking out about it... I think it was about 4 years ago, around the San Antonio area we were over 100 consecutive days over 100 degrees.

Every summer is different, we just lucked out and had a mild summer with rain the last couple years and now it’s back to being the usual heat.
                              Obviously it's not "usual heat", or there wouldn't be 93 year old record heat broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                                Yeah, last summer seemed like a pretty mild one to me too. This year, the heat came on early and has just not given a break at all. And now, we're past the point of getting a break until summer is over. It's been a dang hot year this year. We need some rain here in Parker county too!
                                We sure do. I don't remember the last time it rained more than a drizzle here in Springtown.

Comment

Working...
                                X