No announcement yet.

Wife got in a wreak today ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After looking everything over I am surprised the damage was not worse, both to the truck and your wife. Hope she gets better soon.

My truck has a replacement rear bumper and I got rear-ended once at a very slow speed. It hurt like hell. All the force was transferred directly through the frame and into my neck it felt like. There are definitely pros and cons to replacing that styrofoam/plastic bumper cover with steel.

If anyone's looking for a dash cam, I've had this one since October 2016 and it's great. Already been in an accident with it actually. I let the other guy finish lying through his teeth about what happened, and then I sent his insurance company the video. They fired him and paid me.

Comment

Originally posted by zac221 View Post
      Those heavy duty bumpers don’t allow for the sensors to activate and usually prevents air bags from going off. Talked to a guy at an auto shop repairing a troopers Tahoe from a crash a few weeks ago. Trooper had a bumper, brakes went out on a pursuit trooper went straight into woods and a big ditch. He had seatbelt on and slammed head on steering wheel. Tahoe was totaled and air bags never went off. Body shop said the sensors never registered a wreck.

Glad she’s okay, I’ve thought about those cameras too.

The sensors for the air bags are located in on the frame in front of the crush zone, just below the radiator. The front end replacement bumper protects this zone by distributing the impact of the crash directly to the frame and not to the sensors.

Glad to hear that shes going to be ok. She had angels watching over her.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
        Dang, looks like a pretty hard hit, thank God she is ok!!!

Was running 70 when she was ran off the road. Went about 50 yards before she hit the cement ditch .

Comment

Originally posted by nomad636 View Post
          The sensors for the air bags are located in on the frame in front of the crush zone, just below the radiator. The front end replacement bumper protects this zone by distributing the impact of the crash directly to the frame and not to the sensors.

Glad to hear that shes going to be ok. She had angels watching over her.

That sensor got tore off . Might of been during the recovery.

Comment

Really glad how it turned out, she's really lucky. Let us know if you need anything.

Comment

Glad to hear she is ok. Prayer formto get back to 100% asap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope your wife completely recovers soon. She is a very lucky lady.

Comment

She is getting better . Still pretty sore .

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post

If anyone's looking for a dash cam, I've had this one since October 2016 and it's great. Already been in an accident with it actually. I let the other guy finish lying through his teeth about what happened, and then I sent his insurance company the video. They fired him and paid me.
                    I may start another thread but for now, does this dash camera run on batteries or plug in?

Glad you wife is okay Strummer!

Comment

Man glad to hear she is ok. It could have been much worse. Prayers up for a speedy recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd-ty729 View Post
                        I may start another thread but for now, does this dash camera run on batteries or plug in?

Glad you wife is okay Strummer!
                        It plugs in to the cig lighter, which turns it on and off with the car. You don't want one that runs on batteries. At least I wouldn't.

Comment

Wow, that's really scary. Glad she is OK.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                            It plugs in to the cig lighter, which turns it on and off with the car. You don't want one that runs on batteries. At least I wouldn't.

Comment

Prayers up for her continuing healing.

Comment

Thank goodness she's alright.

Comment

Working...
                                X