Strikes in Syria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texaspacker View Post
    We don't need to be screwing around with Syria. I thought Trump knew what was really going on there. Guess I was wrong.
    Now ISIS and any other FUBAR group will be safe to expand.
    Semper fi.
    God bless
    Don't remind us.....somebody is primed to fill that void. If it is Russia. ........God help us!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
      Fair enough on your first paragraph.

Your second paragraph is a bit confusing though. While this forum is definitely a conservative echo chamber, there have definitely been plenty of discussions that a centrist would have shown his true colors, not only currently, but before and during the 2016 Presidential election as well. Fact is, you seem to play devils advocate to this echo chamber, but fail to show the same candor when obvious opportunities arise often. As far as liberal echo chambers are concerned, I took you more as a democraticunderground.com kind of guy. Hence part of my confusion. Maybe you obtain ammunition in the DU forum in order to play devils advocate in the politicalwire forum? I don't know for sure, because that, too, would be misinformed speculation. I'm pretty confident in my speculations though.
      I won't lie....playing devil's advocate with the politically polarized is more interesting to me than group-affirmation. Claims that I view as unreasoned, heavily biased and counterproductive are what tend to draw me in.

My prior existence as a tribal conservative ideologue got me summarily dismissed from the politicalwire forums on multiple occasions back in the day. Breaking the spell of political dogma was difficult and took a long time. Ironically, interacting with hardcore conservatives was probably the biggest influence on my political conversion.

Apologies if this post seems self-important. My intent was just to address your observation.

Comment

" Peace through strength"

Comment

It's a done deal now boys no need to be crying over spilled milk.

My only question is if the Ruskies staged the chemical attack to provoke some missiles?? Their economy sure would benefit from elevated crude prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
            The whole thing is a freaking charade. They tell the Russians where those bombs are going to fall before hand so that no Russians or killed and it doesn’t escalate. Those bombs fell on empty buildings. Nothing else. Big waste of time. $Billion wasted and US lives risked for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            Just the bottom line! !!!

Are you two getting some military info that the rest of us don't or what?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
              Are you two getting some military info that the rest of us don't or what?

The de-escalation line is what we’re referring to. The US customarily informs Russians about impending military actions when there’s a chance that Russians may be hurt. Done to not start WW3. I’m sure they let ol’ Assad know there was incoming.

Comment

Why is everyone so surprise about this ! y’all should have figured this out when Barrack pulled us out of Middle East . We were headed out the front door and Russia was coming in through the back door. And this will not be back to business in 2 months in my OPINION. This will get nasty before it’s get better . Sure seems like the war the Bible mention in Ezekiel? All the players are there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                  The de-escalation line is what we’re referring to. The US customarily informs Russians about impending military actions when there’s a chance that Russians may be hurt. Done to not start WW3. I’m sure they let ol’ Assad know there was incoming.

So pure speculation on yalls part then. Figured as much.

Comment

President Trump tweeted about bombing a week before. How much notice is you want?

Comment

Some of y'all make me think that y'all sit in on the Presidents military meetings.
                      So far Trump has been able to out maneuver his political opponents as well as leaders of other nations. Until I see him getting played like a fiddle I will continue to put my chips on Trump.

Lets see what comes out of this over the next several weeks. Trumps tweets to Putin were awesome imo.
                      Haley at the UN council made the Russians look stupid and proved them to be liars and were totally compliant by supporting Assad.
                      One more thing about the Russians is that militarily they know we would crush them and we would. By all accounts they didn't shoot down one missle but said they shot down something like 70% of them.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Duh.......turn on your boob-tube or your twitter thingy. The President HIMSELF let the cat out of the bag......just like the last President........same exact tactics. Don't need to be in his military strategy meetings when he told the world 10 days ago........LMAO.[emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                          President Trump tweeted about bombing a week before. How much notice is you want?

Oops you beat me too it......I was wondering if I dreamt he literally gave Russia and Syria plenty of time to scramble.....lol.[emoji23]

Comment

Let me ask y'all this, what were the targets for the missles and was the mission successful?

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                              Let me ask y'all this, what were the targets for the missles and was the mission successful?

We will never know the intended targets. The targets hit have been claimed to be a success.

My point being, we only know, what the Pentagon wants us to know.

For the record: President Trump is my President and I hope and pray he can continue to fend off his enemies, both foreign and domestic.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                                Duh.......turn on your boob-tube or your twitter thingy. The President HIMSELF let the cat out of the bag......just like the last President........same exact tactics. Don't need to be in his military strategy meetings when he told the world 10 days ago........LMAO.[emoji6]

My point was that how do y'all know if he was successful in taking out the targets he intended to and if it was a complete waste of cash. You don't but want to speculate and say it was a complete failure when you really have no clue. I guess he gave out exact GPS coordinates and dates he was going to launch in his press meeting as well?

Twitter thingy....I'll leave that up to you seems more your style.
                                Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 04-15-2018, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X