No announcement yet.

RIP Patrick McManus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved his books and stories. Met him once at an outdoor show in Washington, very down to earth and friendly. RIP.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Sad deal...he brought a lot of joy to folks.

His characters were simply outstanding. One of my favorite stories was when he was holed up in a storm & got a wicked case of 'Two Man Tent Fever', which isn't even on the same scale as regular old cabin fever. He could hear the dandruff falling out of his buddy's hair.

Comment

Rip.
        Attached Files

Comment

I love reading his stuff. RIP

Comment

RIP Patrick McManus

When I was a kid I talked my parents into letting me get a subscription to Outdoor Life. I had been getting it for quite a while before I was ever interested in reading one of his stories. The first one I ever read was titled “The Night the Bear Ate Goombaw”. That is the first time that I can ever being entertained by reading instead of just being informed. I then went back and read all of his stories in the magazines that I’d kept, and his story was the first thing that I looked for when a new one arrived in the mail. He is certainly the funniest writer that I have ever come across. RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by txarcher; 04-14-2018, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Rip.

Comment

****!! I've got about all of his books and is one my favorites, if not my favorite. He made a lot of people happy.

Comment

He did spin a good story!

Comment

mad sad to hear that, my favorite author of all time. I got lucky and he autographed various books for me.

Comment

One of my favorites. I will miss his work.

Comment

Working...
                      X