No announcement yet.

Shingles are a bad Mofo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just recently fully recovered from mine... That was my second go round in 25 years..

AIN'T NOTHING NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I had them about 15 months ago. I still have some nerve pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
        I had them about 15 months ago. I still have some nerve pain.
        That is my biggest fear. I have read a lot of people have the nerve pain for several years , even longer

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
          You can treat a viral nerve infection with some oils? Do you mind telling me which breed of unicorn your SIL extracted that oil from?
          I'm not sure either. I don't promote them, preach them, sale them, or buy them, but I have had some good experiences with them. I have a MIL who is a fanatic, thinks they are the cure all, for everything from a hangnail to death. I have had them rubbed on me, snuck on me, forced on me, and concocted for me . Athletes foot, tennis elbow, and a sore throat have been a few things, I've seen amazing results from. Not sure on viral infections though.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
            You can treat a viral nerve infection with some oils? Do you mind telling me which breed of unicorn your SIL extracted that oil from?
            No idea which unicorn she used, but I can't argue with results. Nothing was working, and I tried it. It worked. Only thing I used with the oils was Tylenol.

Comment

Dang man!

Comment

Shingles

Supposedly a new vaccine is in the pipeline and much safer than Zostavax which is what is mainly given now. Zostavax is only 50 % effective and one of its side effects can be hearing loss- I went completely deaf overnight in my left ear four months after receiving it. I’m now in a class action suit against its manufacturer Merck. Both my mother and sister got shingles and convinced me that’s it’s no picnic-so far, I have not gotten it knock on wood. Good luck with your decision about whether to get the vaccine or not.

Comment

Good luck Carey. Had them just above my left ear a few years back. I wish them on nobody!

Comment

Hope ya heal quickly Carey. They are no fun!

I had them several years ago. Started under my right arm just inside the arm pit. And ran across my chest to my sternum. I blistered up like someone had poured hot coals on me. And felt the same. It was a about 10 days before I went to the doc. I wasn't sure what it was till I got diagnosed. Took a very long time to heal, just like a burn with the skin almost gone. I've still got some numbing sensation under my armpit from nerve damage. Once in a great while, I'll feel like they are starting to come back with a sharp pain like a needle is being pushed into my arm pit next to my right pectoral.

Comment

I had darn shingles maybe 9 yrs ago. Had it on my stomach and back! Couldn't sit back. couldn't lay down. I would try to sleep leaning against the wall while sitting on the floor! It was horrible!!

Comment

Oh Lord please don't let me get the shingles! Watched my now ex go through a bout of them and it tore her up bad. I thought she was being overly dramatic but now I realize just how bad they are. Prayers for anyone having to deal with this awful pain.

Comment

The pharmacy called me just last week to tell me my insurance paid for it and asked if I wanted it. This came out of the blue and I was not receptive to it....I don't get shots until they are necessary! Y'all are making me want to go over there tomorrow and get it!

Sure hope you recover quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                            I'm not sure either. I don't promote them, preach them, sale them, or buy them, but I have had some good experiences with them. I have a MIL who is a fanatic, thinks they are the cure all, for everything from a hangnail to death. I have had them rubbed on me, snuck on me, forced on me, and concocted for me . Athletes foot, tennis elbow, and a sore throat have been a few things, I've seen amazing results from. Not sure on viral infections though.

I was a skeptic too. I work in the pharma industry and my wife is a doc. We were both looking at the stuff like “this is snake oil”. After seeing this stuff work REALLy well on some things, my wife bought a kit. We swear by it. The stuff is legit for a lot of things, not everything, but a lot of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been fighting internal shingles for the past few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                                The pharmacy called me just last week to tell me my insurance paid for it and asked if I wanted it. This came out of the blue and I was not receptive to it....I don't get shots until they are necessary! Y'all are making me want to go over there tomorrow and get it!

Sure hope you recover quickly!
                                Do it Mary! It won't "garrontee" you won't get them. But it will help thwart the possibility of you getting them, just like a flue shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X