Who has a car lift in their garage? Brand and pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has a car lift in their garage? Brand and pics

I am having an extra four car garage built with my man cave taking the second floor. I want to put two car lifts in it and am researching ideas to give to my builder. I plan on using it to park sports cars on and below. I am thinking a 10' ceiling height will be perfect, but want thoughts, opinions and advice.

Which brand do you have? Any pics? Please include ceiling height with your pic so I have an idea of what I want.

Thanks in advance,
    Rodrigo

Gonna need to be higher than 10', car is usually lifted to 7' which only leaves 3'. Gonna need at least 12' and 14-16 is better if you want to put a truck on the lift.

Comment

In, when we have the funds to build my shed next year I want to put one in. I know every one says that it is cheaper to take you car or truck to get your oil changed and other things but I like doing that and like tinkering on my car and truck.

Comment

Im about to put one in a gargar im building for a client now. I cant recall the name, but it doesnt require anything speci from me except electrical locations

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

My Father-n-law just put one in at his house. He has a 12-14' ceiling though and it seems about right

Comment

I will look at the brand of mine this evening. It's a 12k and picks up my lwb 3500 no issues. It's a 2 post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a friend who has one don't remember the brand but I would love to own, it's in 12" ceiling garage he had built

Comment

taller is better.

I've worked on both, and prefer a four post lift.

Comment

I have thought of it many times, but just can't seem to give up the space.

Comment

My cousin has one of these (maintenance purposes)
                    with a 3' extension on top. He really likes it. I will probably go this direction WHEN I get one. http://www.workshopdepot.com/car-lifts/two-post-lifts/

The also have "parking lifts....

Comment

Thanks all, but I need real world experience. 14'-16' is just not accurate for my needs. The cars will be corvettes, porches, lamborghini, etc. I am not planning to put any of my one ton, 3/4 ton or anything else on this lift. This is strictly for sports cars as stated in the original post. Most of these cars are only four tall and will have a similar car under it so 10' is more along the lines of what I need.

Scissor and two posts lifts are also not an option as I don't trust those. These lifts are not going to be used to work on the cars either. This is strictly to be able to park more cars in my garage. This is a separate garage for a specific purpose.

I like that parking lift option from work shop depot-haven't seen those.

Comment

In that case 10' is more than enough.

Comment

Contact mnsherick, here on TBH.
                          I believe he sells them or his hunting buddy sells them in Haltom City

Comment

Bendpak i think is the name, have a 2 post lift at work that works well

Comment

I've personally seen the setups your looking for but most were over 10'. The few people I know that have them only went that way for space savings and wish they had room for a double deep garage. I don't have a lift but I've parked my Lotus under a semi trailer for kicks and getting in and out was difficult. I don't have any pics but a quick search found this pic with 10' ceilings.

Comment

Working...
                              X