Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 11-06-2017, 09:13 AM   #1
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default Southerland Springs/San Antonio Shooting

I am absolutely appalled by this. 26 dead, 24 wounded and numerous children among the dead. Some people may care what weapon they were killed with but not me. Dead is dead and the ripple effect is immense. This is just disgusting.

Edit: I just noticed the thread on ATC.

Last edited by Livin'2hunt; 11-06-2017 at 09:32 AM..
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2017, 10:05 AM   #2
Tbar
Ten Point

Quote:
He said that Kelley had taken a hostage in the passenger seat as he fled......

The local, who is familiar with the heroes, said that Willeford made sure the passenger Kelley had taken hostage was on the ground out of the way when they approached the car.

But he claims that Kelley was already dead when they found him, having succumb to blood loss from the gunshot wound he suffered at the church.

Martin confirmed that police had found Kelley dead, saying that: 'We are not sure if it was self inflicted or if he was shot by a local resident.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-atheism.html
Hostage???
Tbar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2017, 10:44 AM   #3
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: my birthday suit

I just heard that myself. He sounds very confident about said hostage. Aside from media incompetence, how does that get get misreported? KTSA AM radio in SA is not running with that claim as of yet. They made mention but stopped short of reporting it.

Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 09:51 AM   #4
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Anyone know why he did this yet?

Everyone talks about how to fix the problem but I never hear anyone ask why the perp did what he did in the first place.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 10:26 AM   #5
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Anyone know why he did this yet?

Everyone talks about how to fix the problem but I never hear anyone ask why the perp did what he did in the first place.
Seems like he was a severely disturbed human being that went off the rails. Also apparently a militant atheist which was probably why he targeted a church.

And you are correct people need to ask why. Asking why is the right question to ask to find a solution. Focusing on the what (gun in this case) solves nothing. Look at it in any place of business or society in general. Those that ask "Why?" generally succeed. Those that focus on the "What" generally show no upward mobility.

Last edited by Clay C; 11-08-2017 at 10:30 AM..
Clay C is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2017, 11:38 AM   #6
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
Seems like he was a severely disturbed human being that went off the rails. Also apparently a militant atheist which was probably why he targeted a church.

And you are correct people need to ask why. Asking why is the right question to ask to find a solution. Focusing on the what (gun in this case) solves nothing. Look at it in any place of business or society in general. Those that ask "Why?" generally succeed. Those that focus on the "What" generally show no upward mobility.
Lot of wisdom in this post! Clay, you're spot on.

I think the WHY for this guy will emerge and we will see and hear it. The WHY on the Las Vegas shooter may not come out as it has the makings of not fitting the narrative for the MSM...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top