Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 11-16-2017, 01:54 PM   #51
TeamAmerica
Eight Point

Hunt In: Corsicana (Navarro County)

I fear republicans may have gotten too greedy by trying to put the repeal of the individual mandate into the tax bill. I know it is a tax, the supreme court knows it is a tax, but the topic is too hot to handle for many and the track record(s) on the health care bills speaks for itself. One senator has already said he is a No. Funny thing is he doesn't think it does enough for CORPORATIONS! Even though they don't vote....

Per ABC News:
The figures were released a day after Ron Johnson of Wisconsin became the first Republican senator to say he opposed the GOP bill, complaining that it left taxes too high on some corporations and partnerships.

Besides Johnson, Republican Sens. Susan Collins of Maine, Jeff Flake and John McCain of Arizona, Bob Corker of Tennessee and Lisa Murkowski have yet to commit to backing the tax measure.

Republicans controlling the Senate 52-48 can approve the legislation with just 50 votes, plus tie-breaking support from Vice President Mike Pence. With solid Democratic opposition likely, that means they can lose just two GOP votes — a precarious figure.

Even before the new numbers came out, some House Republicans spoke warily of what might happen to the tax bill in the Senate.

"Political survival depends on us doing this." said Rep. Kevin Cramer, R-N.D. "Frankly, one of the things that scares me a little bit is that they're going to screw up the bill to the point we can't pass it."
TeamAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-16-2017, 03:20 PM   #52
Saltyag15
Ten Point

Hunt In: Karnes, La Salle, and Sutton Counties

I don't have a lot of confidence in this making it through the Senate.
Saltyag15 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-16-2017, 06:13 PM   #53
Bill in San Jose
Pope & Young

Hunt In: CA, CO, OR, and TX

I want to sell my house next year and retire. If this changes the tax treatment on capital gains on sale of home ( Iím fine with 5/8 years) and I have to drop an additional $50-$100k in the tax collectorís pocket, Iíll be a pizzed off boy.

I pay too much already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bill in San Jose is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-16-2017, 06:18 PM   #54
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall

What sleediot threw Obamacare into this bill?
That was a quick way to send it to its death
texansfan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-17-2017, 09:32 AM   #55
Bill in San Jose
Pope & Young

Hunt In: CA, CO, OR, and TX

5% flat tax, based on gross. Individuals and corporations. Fire all the IRS. Sorry to all the CPAs.

I agree adding ACA language will kill it. If it dies, the stock market will be hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bill in San Jose is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top