Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2017, 08:15 AM   #1
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default Eating their own

They are self destructing, it is beautiful to watch. Matt Lauer fired overnight.


http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/29/medi...uer/index.html
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-29-2017, 08:16 AM   #2
thorthunder
Pope & Young
 
thorthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Mainly Guide Now
Default

Never liked him.................
thorthunder is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-29-2017, 09:46 AM   #3
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

I've always despised that smug son of....

Nevermind.

.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-29-2017, 09:54 AM   #4
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Love this quote from the late and great Systmnt "the glass house they built...getting stoned from the inside!"
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-29-2017, 10:00 AM   #5
Tbar
Ten Point
 
Tbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas
Default

Everyone who has ever attended a Christmas party is sweating right now.
Tbar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-29-2017, 10:05 AM   #6
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Love this quote from the late and great Systmnt "the glass house they built...getting stoned from the inside!"

I've been gone a while. Late??


.

Last edited by Livin'2hunt; 11-29-2017 at 10:09 AM..
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-29-2017, 10:05 AM   #7
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbar View Post
Everyone who has ever attended a Christmas party is sweating right now.
Your avatar resembles the female reproductive organs....inappropriate and you'll be lucky to even be a member here by days end sir.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-29-2017, 11:04 PM   #8
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
I've been gone a while. Late??


.
Yeah.... what’s the story here?
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 06:07 AM   #9
Tommyh
Pope & Young
 
Tommyh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Katy
Default

The bigger question is why are they doing it now and what is with the half hearted protection attempts?
Tommyh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 10:32 AM   #10
texasnavy05
Eight Point
 
texasnavy05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Snook, TX
Hunt In: Snook, TX
Default

he has a pretty good platform to run for senate in alabama now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
texasnavy05 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 10:39 AM   #11
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
he has a pretty good platform to run for senate in alabama now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Lol! Always the liberal spin with you. At least you're consistent.
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 10:43 AM   #12
texasnavy05
Eight Point
 
texasnavy05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Snook, TX
Hunt In: Snook, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Lol! Always the liberal spin with you. At least you're consistent.
i try to be consistent! lol. i just wish there were a little more consistency with public opinion on these allegations. it seems like the presumption of guilt/ innocence follows party affiliation. , for the record, i typically vote republican.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
texasnavy05 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 10:50 AM   #13
Buff
Pope & Young
 
Buff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: AvingerTX
Hunt In: The World
Default

All in all I see all this as a attack on men as a whole.
From time immemorial they have had IT we have wanted IT and that made the world go round.
The cave man let the cave woman eat what he caught because he wanted IT

The modern family worked for a long time because young men would go to work and provide food and housing due a great deal to the fact that in return he would recieve IT on a regular basis.

Fast forward to today's new and improved world and any man who flirts with any woman is to be shamed.
How dare he ask a woman for a date or even tell her she is pretty.

It is an attack on males, we should all be ashamed of the very same emotions that make us men.

I'm old so it does not effect me but i do wonder what kind of men will be around 50 years from now
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 10:55 AM   #14
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
i try to be consistent! lol. i just wish there were a little more consistency with public opinion on these allegations. it seems like the presumption of guilt/ innocence follows party affiliation. , for the record, i typically vote republican.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It does quite a bit with most people and that is sickening. I doubt those same people would be of the same kind if their little girl was pinned in an elevator and fondled. There's another facet of this which annoys me greatly; if a month before an election is "the right time" to bring these allegations to light, why not do it when it happened? It would have more creedence. What about the other women who could have been spared the anguish of being molested/attacked/raped. That bothers me.

.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 10:57 AM   #15
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
i try to be consistent! lol. i just wish there were a little more consistency with public opinion on these allegations. it seems like the presumption of guilt/ innocence follows party affiliation. , for the record, i typically vote republican.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Oh, I agree! It's hypocrisy at its finest. But hey, that goes both ways as well.
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 02:40 PM   #16
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
All in all I see all this as a attack on men as a whole.
From time immemorial they have had IT we have wanted IT and that made the world go round.
The cave man let the cave woman eat what he caught because he wanted IT

The modern family worked for a long time because young men would go to work and provide food and housing due a great deal to the fact that in return he would recieve IT on a regular basis.

Fast forward to today's new and improved world and any man who flirts with any woman is to be shamed.
How dare he ask a woman for a date or even tell her she is pretty.

It is an attack on males, we should all be ashamed of the very same emotions that make us men.

I'm old so it does not effect me but i do wonder what kind of men will be around 50 years from now
Yep. I am younger than you but can clearly see the demasculation of younger men.
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 02:57 PM   #17
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
Yep. I am younger than you but can clearly see the demasculation of younger men.
I see it everywhere as well...fueled by the snowflake lefty's

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b04ae497040e07
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 08:26 PM   #18
texasnavy05
Eight Point
 
texasnavy05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Snook, TX
Hunt In: Snook, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
Yep. I am younger than you but can clearly see the demasculation of younger men.
which masculine qualities would you say are being lost in younger generations today?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
texasnavy05 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 08:40 PM   #19
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
which masculine qualities would you say are being lost in younger generations today?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Aggressiveness. Strength. Choosing logic over emotion. Work ethic. Leadership. Stuff like that.....
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 08:46 PM   #20
MadHatter
Ten Point
 
MadHatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
which masculine qualities would you say are being lost in younger generations today?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
All of them. In 50 yrs, you won't know one from other.
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 08:50 PM   #21
texasnavy05
Eight Point
 
texasnavy05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Snook, TX
Hunt In: Snook, TX
Default

edited:

this is all very subjective and my comment was off based

Last edited by texasnavy05; 11-30-2017 at 09:06 PM..
texasnavy05 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 09:11 PM   #22
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
so,

men are becoming less aggressive. is this a bad thing?

men are becoming weaker (im assuming physically) id attribute this to an increase in non physical entertainment and non physical job demand.

choosing logic over emotion...i feel that this would be nearly impossible to quantify and subjective. but ive no ground to debate that opinion.

work ethic and leadership - are these masculine qualities? id say these attributes are not gender specific.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Coming from your liberal point of view, I can see how you dont understand/agree. But the sexes are different for a reason. Both have strengths and weaknesses. When paired they ( are supposed to ) capitalize on their combined strengths and minimize their weaknesses. Take aggressiveness as an example. This helps him secure food/work etc to provide for his family. The tenderness his wife ( should ) posesses is perfect for nurturing children. That is very convenient since she has the eqpt to feed the child etc. Pretty simple and obvious if put any kind of thought into it....
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 09:36 PM   #23
texasnavy05
Eight Point
 
texasnavy05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Snook, TX
Hunt In: Snook, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
Coming from your liberal point of view, I can see how you dont understand/agree. But the sexes are different for a reason. Both have strengths and weaknesses. When paired they ( are supposed to ) capitalize on their combined strengths and minimize their weaknesses. Take aggressiveness as an example. This helps him secure food/work etc to provide for his family. The tenderness his wife ( should ) posesses is perfect for nurturing children. That is very convenient since she has the eqpt to feed the child etc. Pretty simple and obvious if put any kind of thought into it....
i dont agree. that does not mean i dont understand. and, i really dont see what any of this has to do with a liberal pov that you assume i have. i agree that God made men and women different and complimentary. i disagree that masculinity is declining. machismo may be, but not masculinity. the biggest indicator imo of a masculine man is a man after Gods own heart. a man that puts others before himself. a man that takes care of his business. kind. diligent. honest. humble.

completely subjective, but i think these qualities are on the rise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
texasnavy05 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 09:58 PM   #24
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
i dont agree. that does not mean i dont understand. and, i really dont see what any of this has to do with a liberal pov that you assume i have. i agree that God made men and women different and complimentary. i disagree that masculinity is declining. machismo may be, but not masculinity. the biggest indicator imo of a masculine man is a man after Gods own heart. a man that puts others before himself. a man that takes care of his business. kind. diligent. honest. humble.

completely subjective, but i think these qualities are on the rise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I'm just curious, but how old are you?
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 09:59 PM   #25
texasnavy05
Eight Point
 
texasnavy05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Snook, TX
Hunt In: Snook, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
I'm just curious, but how old are you?
31. Christian. white male from rural texas. veteran with honorable service. engineering degree. happily married with 2 kids. farmer. rancher. typically vote conservatively. bow hunter. kayak fisherman. mountain biker. thats pretty much me in a nutshell.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited by texasnavy05; 11-30-2017 at 10:02 PM..
texasnavy05 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 10:12 PM   #26
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Color me shocked. Especially considering the farmer/rancher part and you believing that masculinity is on the rise. I'm baffled at your way of thinking, that's for sure.
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 10:15 PM   #27
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
I see it everywhere as well...fueled by the snowflake lefty's

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b04ae497040e07

And, ugly women. Hot women never b*tch about the attention.


.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 10:19 PM   #28
LFD2037
Pope & Young
 
LFD2037's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Over yonder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Color me shocked. Especially considering the farmer/rancher part and you believing that masculinity is on the rise. I'm baffled at your way of thinking, that's for sure.
x2. The pussification of American men is in strong effect.
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 10:21 PM   #29
texasnavy05
Eight Point
 
texasnavy05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Snook, TX
Hunt In: Snook, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Color me shocked. Especially considering the farmer/rancher part and you believing that masculinity is on the rise. I'm baffled at your way of thinking, that's for sure.
very real possibility that im out of touch with the pulse of the nation. i dont watch much tv (except aggie football) and, in all honestly, 95% of the people i encounter daily are very similar to myself (regarding religion/occupation/hobbies/etc)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
texasnavy05 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 10:30 PM   #30
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
very real possibility that im out of touch with the pulse of the nation. i dont watch much tv (except aggie football) and, in all honestly, 95% of the people i encounter daily are very similar to myself (regarding religion/occupation/hobbies/etc)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I think Ironman was eluding to the point that, all of your interests and values don't usually mesh with your typically left-of-center political viewpoint. At least what we read on here.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 10:35 PM   #31
texasnavy05
Eight Point
 
texasnavy05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Snook, TX
Hunt In: Snook, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
I think Ironman was eluding to the point that, all of your interests and values don't usually mesh with your typically left-of-center political viewpoint. At least what we read on here.
i agree with most things i read on this forum. but im definitely more vocal about things that i dont agree with. for some reason i feel the need to interject with an unpopular opinion more than i do with the popular opinion. i guess im a contrarian.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
texasnavy05 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 10:41 PM   #32
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
i agree with most things i read on this forum. but im definitely more vocal about things that i dont agree with. for some reason i feel the need to interject with an unpopular opinion more than i do with the popular opinion. i guess im a contrarian.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

So is everyone else on here!!

An intellectual back and forth is fun.

.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 11:27 PM   #33
Draco
Pope & Young
 
Draco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgetown, Texas
Default

If you think that men aren't becoming less masculine then you just haven't had reason to notice. It is about impossible to find young men that will do physical work any more. I'm 67 and have not had any young men that could keep up with me in the last 15 years. I have always paid more than twice minimum wage trying to get good ones, but to no avail. The large percentage of the ones I see are wussies of the highest level. The last 3 metal buildings I've built, I have built all by my self because............wussies.
Draco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2017, 11:45 PM   #34
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
If you think that men aren't becoming less masculine then you just haven't had reason to notice. It is about impossible to find young men that will do physical work any more. I'm 67 and have not had any young men that could keep up with me in the last 15 years. I have always paid more than twice minimum wage trying to get good ones, but to no avail. The large percentage of the ones I see are wussies of the highest level. The last 3 metal buildings I've built, I have built all by my self because............wussies.

You hit the nail on the head there, Draco.


.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-01-2017, 12:09 AM   #35
DUKFVR
Pope & Young
 
DUKFVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sorry Azz Houston
Hunt In: San Saba,TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
If you think that men aren't becoming less masculine then you just haven't had reason to notice. It is about impossible to find young men that will do physical work any more. I'm 67 and have not had any young men that could keep up with me in the last 15 years. I have always paid more than twice minimum wage trying to get good ones, but to no avail. The large percentage of the ones I see are wussies of the highest level. The last 3 metal buildings I've built, I have built all by my self because............wussies.
AMEN! 100% Correct!
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-01-2017, 12:49 AM   #36
JFISHER
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brownwood
Hunt In: BWD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post

i do wonder what kind of men will be around 50 years from now
Ones with no chests and shoulders narrower than their waist.

Name:  Pajamaboy-jose-del-real.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  43.8 KB

Last edited by JFISHER; 12-01-2017 at 12:51 AM..
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-01-2017, 02:12 PM   #37
Hi-Lonesome
Four Point
 
Hi-Lonesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: TX Panhandle
Hunt In: TX Panhandle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Color me shocked. Especially considering the farmer/rancher part and you believing that masculinity is on the rise. I'm baffled at your way of thinking, that's for sure.
It is cultural Marxism. If your background comes from a people who leftist perceive as oppressed you are encouraged to be masculine / criminal. If you come from a background leftist perceive as an oppressor you are encouraged to be submissive. It is a propaganda campaign that has be on going since at least the 1960's. Country folks in the USA are the last hold outs. That is why we are constantly targeted for derogatory criticism. IMO
Hi-Lonesome is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-01-2017, 08:52 PM   #38
100%TtId
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
If you think that men aren't becoming less masculine then you just haven't had reason to notice. It is about impossible to find young men that will do physical work any more. I'm 67 and have not had any young men that could keep up with me in the last 15 years. I have always paid more than twice minimum wage trying to get good ones, but to no avail. The large percentage of the ones I see are wussies of the highest level. The last 3 metal buildings I've built, I have built all by my self because............wussies.
Average testosterone levels have dropped significantly over the past 40 years, so medical science supports your observation.
100%TtId is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-01-2017, 09:40 PM   #39
brokeno
Six Point
 
brokeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Smiley, Texas
Hunt In: Gonzales & Young Co and anywhere
Default

I thought this started about Matt. I bet NBC won't hang any missletoe up at their Christmas party this year.
brokeno is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-01-2017, 11:10 PM   #40
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%TtId View Post
Average testosterone levels have dropped significantly over the past 40 years, so medical science supports your observation.
Probably because many kids are being fed soy
Soy scientifically lowers testosterone and raises estrogen.
The term Soy boy is a thing for a reason
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-01-2017, 11:12 PM   #41
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
If you think that men aren't becoming less masculine then you just haven't had reason to notice. It is about impossible to find young men that will do physical work any more. I'm 67 and have not had any young men that could keep up with me in the last 15 years. I have always paid more than twice minimum wage trying to get good ones, but to no avail. The large percentage of the ones I see are wussies of the highest level. The last 3 metal buildings I've built, I have built all by my self because............wussies.
Even in my line of work there are A LOT of them.
Mainly on the emotional side as in get butt hurt at anything they see as criticism
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-03-2017, 08:24 AM   #42
Brown E
Four Point
 
Brown E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mercedes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Even in my line of work there are A LOT of them.
Mainly on the emotional side as in get butt hurt at anything they see as criticism
I think the wuss in young men has a lot to do with the over protection by their parents. How many teenagers have to work at tough jobs in the summer?
Brown E is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-03-2017, 10:12 AM   #43
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
If you think that men aren't becoming less masculine then you just haven't had reason to notice. It is about impossible to find young men that will do physical work any more. I'm 67 and have not had any young men that could keep up with me in the last 15 years. I have always paid more than twice minimum wage trying to get good ones, but to no avail. The large percentage of the ones I see are wussies of the highest level. The last 3 metal buildings I've built, I have built all by my self because............wussies.
Scary isn't it.... I see the same exact thing...

That car insurance commercial showing that young man on the phone with his dad who doesn't know what a lug wrench is says it all.... Sadly that describes much of the male youth 30 and under.. That's what we have coming... But HEY at least they have beards and tattoos....

Last edited by ttaxidermy; 12-03-2017 at 10:15 AM..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-03-2017, 10:52 AM   #44
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown E View Post
I think the wuss in young men has a lot to do with the over protection by their parents. How many teenagers have to work at tough jobs in the summer?
Certainly no argument on that point from me.
These parents dont seem to act much like parents anymore.
I got a call at the FD at 11 at night one time to try and talk a child into taking his medication. Parents did not have the gumption to make him take the meds so we had to do it
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-03-2017, 11:26 PM   #45
JFISHER
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brownwood
Hunt In: BWD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Probably because many kids are being fed soy
Soy scientifically lowers testosterone and raises estrogen.
The term Soy boy is a thing for a reason


JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-04-2017, 11:24 AM   #46
LWC
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

I did not know there was a link between soy and increased estrogen. Learn something every day. I don't knowingly consume the stuff. But it sounds like too many men/boys do.
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com