No announcement yet.

Nannie Stringfellow 2017 Bow Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might be going on the squirrel hunt... you know, just to see where the squirrels live. I'm still looking for an ATV to use for the archery deer hunt. Most places I usually hunt don't need one, so I never needed one but that is the main advice I keep getting for this area! See you guys in a couple weeks.

Comment

Well turns out I won’t have enough time to do this hunt the Monday after Thanksgiving. So that’s atleast 1 standby hunter that’ll be drawn. Good luck to everyone out there!

Comment

While I was there for the squirrel hunt it looked like several people are unable to be there and canceled after talking to the ranger. The area is pretty cool and as long as we don't get a lot of rain, pickups can get back in there just fine.

I'm looking forward to next week.

Comment

You can drive in to set up blinds. We saw more deer out of a 15' ladder stand but also saw a few from a pop-up.

Comment

Hunt starts Monday!

Any TBHers attending the archery hunt?

Haven't had the option to scout this WMA so we will be winging it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I am debating on going or not. Might go out to Amistad instead. I've hunted Stringfellow serval times so if I go I will share some knowledge of the place with ya.

Comment

I know nothing about hunting the refuge but my land is a few miles away, and hogs are as thick as I've ever seen around here. It hasn't rained in a while and it's pretty dry, so I don't think mud will be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  I know nothing about hunting the refuge but my land is a few miles away, and hogs are as thick as I've ever seen around here. It hasn't rained in a while and it's pretty dry, so I don't think mud will be an issue.
                  How are the acorns right now? Deer coming in to corn?

Comment

Originally posted by MeatEater View Post
                    How are the acorns right now? Deer coming in to corn?
                    I rarely get deer to come to feeders here. I actually don't even run feeders, just hand corn and food plots.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      I rarely get deer to come to feeders here. I actually don't even run feeders, just hand corn and food plots.
                      I had a lease in Sweeney for 3 years and I had the same issue. Pigs loved the feeders, deer not so much. Was there a big acorn crop this year? Last year it was acorns galore inside the WMA.

Comment

Got drawn a few years ago , it was a joke , the lots were small and someone on lot. Once one person the whole thing was a waste

Comment

Originally posted by MeatEater View Post
                          I had a lease in Sweeney for 3 years and I had the same issue. Pigs loved the feeders, deer not so much. Was there a big acorn crop this year? Last year it was acorns galore inside the WMA.

Big acorn crop. Pigs eat it up fast though.

Comment

Wouldnt the majority of acorns be gone by now, its the end of November

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post

Just depends. Last year they were still falling.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post

It's just about nothing but oaks around here.

Comment

Working...
                                X