My lacy pups first trail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My lacy pups first trail

I got to put my lacy pup on her first real trail yesterday. I’ve had her 2 1/2 weeks and she’s been doing really good on mock trails for me. So I let all my buddies know I wanted to put her on a real trail if they shot something this year.
    Well yesterday morning my sister-in-law arrowed a nice mature 8 point. They were nice enough to give me a call and let me put my pup on the trail.
    When I showed up, I put her on the beginning of the trail. She moved real slow at first. I think she was sorting out all the other deer smells from the deer she was tracking. At the beginning she got off track twice, but she corrected herself within 5 yards and got back in the right trail. Once we got away from the many deer scents, she picked up the pace big time (except for the few times she stopped to lick the big blood piles). The last 75 yards we ran out of blood, but my brother saw the deer dead under a tree. We let the pup keep working till she found it on her own.
    It was extremely pleased with the way she worked her first real trail. She sorted out all the different deer smells at the beginning, worked through some thick brush, and then worked through some really tall grass to find the deer after we ran out of blood.
    Thanks to my brother and sister-in-law for the call and congrats on the buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the first!

Comment

Big body on that deer congrats

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Very nice work! Love the dark horns

Comment

Nice work. Great deer

Comment

Nice,the pup and the deer.

Comment

That is really cool that your pup worked through everything and found the buck for herself.

Also congrats to the Huntress on a fine looking buck.

Comment

No substitute for the real thing.
                  Good work.

Comment

Really nice buck. Just wondering if she was able to track with the leash on ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrsailfish View Post
                      Really nice buck. Just wondering if she was able to track with the leash on ?
                      Yes she did fine on the leash. It was a 25’ lead. When we got in the thick stuff I just dropped it and followed as quick as I could. I didn’t want to tug on it by accident and influence her direction at all

Comment

Congratulations to your S-I-L....great buck.
                        Congratulations to you...good job getting the pup started.

Comment

You got you a winner there.

Comment

Congrats to the SIL and pup.

Comment

congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X