Question for you truck lift guys...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for you truck lift guys...

I'm not a big fan of the really high lifts. Tried to buy this one but someone beat me to it. So, I plan to replicate. What size lift do you think is on this truck? Leveling kit or a little more? Tried to get a pic of tire size for reference
    Attached Files

I had a diesel and all I did was level it and it looked great. When you level a truck you usually can get at least 2 more inches than it sits stalk. If you don't want to go huge, then just level it.

Comment

I would say that’s just a level. Where people mess up on the look is putting too much lift and not enough tire. I have a 4.5” lift on my truck, and I had to do some trimming to fit my tires. But it looks great, at least to me. It’s a Toyota though.

Comment

Don’t look lifted to me .

Comment

Looks 2” leveled on front to me.

Comment

Level or lift, be ready for your gas mileage to drop up to 3 mpg!

Comment

Looks leveled if you level one please adjust your headlights

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                Looks leveled if you level one please adjust your headlights
                Amen! The sure thing is that those that do not, run their fog lights at all times also. Really sucks with these new lights.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                  Looks 2” leveled on front to me.
                  Agreed.

And yes, adjust your headlights down.

Comment

That truck is not lifted....It's leveled. Most likely Bilstein 5100 front shocks on the middle setting.

Comment

Don’t understand why people level their trucks, when you load it down with weight like a gooseneck trailer the front of your truck is sticking up in the air and you look like a fool, there is a reason why the front is lower than the back.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                        Don’t understand why people level their trucks, when you load it down with weight like a gooseneck trailer the front of your truck is sticking up in the air and you look like a fool, there is a reason why the front is lower than the back.
                        In my opinion it is not for hauling, but for gas mileage. The rake on trucks is sever on some and no so much on others. Lift or level will normally hinder or reduce gas mileage. Been there and done that with lifts and levels on different trucks and everyone dropped the mileage from stock, that along with bigger tires.

Comment

Originally posted by forced-2-work View Post
                          I had a diesel and all I did was level it and it looked great. When you level a truck you usually can get at least 2 more inches than it sits stalk. If you don't want to go huge, then just level it.
                          I agree. I just put a 2" level on my 2017 diesel and it's perfect.

Comment

Never understood this topic. Is the purpose performance/functionality or the way it looks? I always heard that lifting would f-up the angles on your differentials and u-joints. Not sure about leveling. Either way, I’m not messing with mine.

Comment

Here is my 2018 that is leveled with a 2” factory level. Tires are 295/70/18. That appears to be similar to what that truck is on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X